Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so my friend has made a nid army, and i want 2 make an army that can beat it. il only use it for competitive matchs, but still, i want 2 have one that can beat him if i need it.
his army is

Tyranid Prime: Boneswords , Deathspitter
1 unit

Zoanthropes:
2 units
(no upgrades)

Warriors: Rending Claws , Venom Cannon
5 units

Genestealers: Scything Talons
8 units

Termagaunts (squad 1): Spinefist (plus , and 4 with no upgrades
12 units

Termagaunts (squad 2): (no upgrades)
12 units

Hormagaunts (squad 1):
24 units

Hormagaunts (squad 2): (Adrenal Glands)
24 units

what units would be best 2 beat him? iv already got a ton of units and can easy buy more, so what i have is not an issue. also i play space marine
plzkthx

·
4,491 Posts
Ummm... what kind of army do you have?

His Nids look like they have far too many little bugs, and not enough big ones.
Go for something shooty, and quantity over quality.

Its a bit hard to say though, considering you haven't even said what army you play...

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
You are one of the lucky ones to have a friend that feeds you little bugs.

You need flamers/ High initiative/ Fast movement/ Long Range or any mix of those and if u make him come to you then you he should hardly scratch you. Just make sure you have something that can hold its own on those Zonthrobes. That Tyranid prime will hurt you pretty bad as it is a monstrous creature so try and light him up with LC's and big ranged weapons or just things that can cause lots of wounds to make him roll lots of dice.

Cheers,
Chaosftw

·
4,491 Posts
That Tyranid prime will hurt you pretty bad as it is a monstrous creature so try and light him up with LC's and big ranged weapons or just things that can cause lots of wounds to make him roll lots of dice.
Tyranid Prime is NOT a MC.
I am guessing he would be in the unit of Warriors, in which case just shoot them with lots of AP4 weaponry and watch them die.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ummm... what kind of army do you have?

His Nids look like they have far too many little bugs, and not enough big ones.
Go for something shooty, and quantity over quality.

Its a bit hard to say though, considering you haven't even said what army you play...
right sorry, i play vanilla space marines 1000

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Sternguard vets. Use them to take out the warriors and/or zoanthropes with rapid firing hellfire rounds.

Dreadnought. Charge a unit of gaunts. They can`t hurt you, and will die off piece by piece because of fearless.

Your tactical squads need to take as many flamers and blast weapons as you can fit into the list. Frag missiles work, and you can switch to krak for taking out warriors or thropes if need be.

A libby with his force weapon may also be helpful for multi wound monstrosities.

Something I hate but would undoubtedly work, would be to take a vindicator or two... God, I hate myself right now... :(

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Sternguard vets. Use them to take out the warriors and/or zoanthropes with rapid firing hellfire rounds.

Dreadnought. Charge a unit of gaunts. They can`t hurt you, and will die off piece by piece because of fearless.

Your tactical squads need to take as many flamers and blast weapons as you can fit into the list. Frag missiles work, and you can switch to krak for taking out warriors or thropes if need be.

A libby with his force weapon may also be helpful for multi wound monstrosities.

Something I hate but would undoubtedly work, would be to take a vindicator or two... God, I hate myself right now... :(
What is wrong with Vindicators? I love my vindicators :(

·
4,491 Posts
Consider a Whirlwind.

They are generally a poor vehicle choice, but they are quite effective against gaunts.

Just sit it on your board edge somewhere where outflanking genestealers cant get it, and use the missiles that ignore cover saves.

They aren't anywhere near the quality of the Manticore, but they might do a half-decent job at thinning out the horde.

·
Registered
201 Posts
guard Punisher cannon :)
Heavy 20
Nid killer :D
that is actually a bad choise leman russ...

what i will do if i where you..
you sad that money is not the problem...

buy a bloodangels codex

take fast vindicators
you can move 12" and shoot your large blast instant killing warriors

and troop jump infantry with flamers+hand flamers
3 templates on his outflanking stealers(it hurst)

the wolverine talon dreadnought
charging in gaunts warriors etc. will clean them up.
also you can use the melta guns for the zoantropes
is he dropping the zoan in pods?

use missle launchers
do not take las cannons..
missle launcers is cheaper and the effect is the same on nids.

if he fields zoanthropes without spore pods.
charge him with bikes..

helpfull?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts