Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

anti marine eldar

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Ice Dragon 
#1 ·
ive been getting hammered against marine on a regular basis with my gaurdian heavy force so have built this list just for marines, ive tested is against horde armies and its average so here goes

fuegan with 10 firedragons @ exarch in wave serpent

autarch mandiblasters fusion gun @power weapon, 10 firedragons 'exarch@waveserpant

10 firedragons exarch @wave serpent
(waveserpents have anti vehicle weapons, starcannons or d cannons)

2x6 dire avengers with exarch. bladestorm both in falcons
and to make up the points to 2000 a viper with shuriken cannon ideal for scouts. its great when you can kill 30+ spacemarines in a turn

#4 ·
Im not too sure, dont have my codex on hand, but i think a falcon would prevail over a fire prisim in this strategy. I think the focused has a smal blast, but if it does, if the player is smart you wont nab many more SMs like that and the dispersed is too weak to peirce their armor. Get a falcon if possible and load up a starcannon. 4 ap2 weapons all wounding at 2+, 2 of which insta-kill multi-wound SMs. but yeah.

Anyhow the list

Its decently fast with a ton of wave serpants but if your enemy is like mine with a squad or two of marines that are only too happy to brave ap3 (or in this case ap1) to get up close and personal then your army is in BIG trouble. Against SM armies i would favor howling banshees, you can get rid of the SMs annoying shooting and beat them down with those power weapons. A good mix of banshees and fire dragons instead of gung-ho FD would give this list a big boost, and rangers might help too instead of dire avengers, just to annoy them and that occasional AP1 shot. (upgrade to pathfinders and that will be a 1/3 chance)

#5 ·
Alright I'm not trying to bash you're list or anything but as a chaos player this list doesn't scare me in the least. Here is why. Fire Dragons need to get a tad to close to marines in order to kill and that makes the counter charge much easier.

What I would do is round up the Avenger squads to a full 10. Lose most of the Dragons and take some Banshee's in a wave serpent, a Wraithlord, Fire Prism or Reapers.

Another way to build the army is with a bunch of Jetbikes, Vypers and Warp Spiders. Marines can't keep up with Eldar use that to you're advantage.

One last thing is Marines HATE Starcannons, so take a good amount of them.

I hope this helps some.:biggrin:

#6 ·
i dont mean to be harsh but i think this a shocking list vs marines, a tank company maybe marines a definate no no
Yeah but this comment isnt helping him in the slightest you need to add stuff about how he could beat marines not just saying its rubbish...I would have to say that you need to take lots of starcannons maybe put them in guardian squads or on fire prisms or on vypers and keep your army mobile thats the advantage of eldar

#7 ·
ok the first off i would get rid of prity much everything in your list.

get

an autarch - jetbike, lance, fusion gun, mindblaster
a farseer with jetbike, doom, warding, spear

1 units of 8 banshees with exarchs
1 waveserpents with missile launchers and shuriken cannons, spirit stones, vectored engines

2 units of 6 dragons to go into falcons

2 units of 6 pathfinders

2 units of 5 shining spears

1 wraithlord with missile launcher, starcannon.

2 falcons , starcannon, shurken cannon, holo fields, spirit stones, vectored engines

i think thats about 2000 points

martin

#8 ·
I don't agree with 2 units of Pathfinders, and here is why, it coasts to much as far as points go. I think this army would still be in for a rough time due to the low rate of fire from there units. This is what I would do.

HQ
-Autarch- jetbike,laser lance, reaper lancher, banshee mask

ELITE
-8 Banshees- exarh with executioner
-Wave Serpent with Star caannons
-6 Harlequins- Troop master and Shadowseer

TROOP
-10 Dire Avengers- exarch with 2 catapults and bladestorm
-10 Dire Avengers- exarch with 2 catapults and bladestorm
-3 jetbikes with one shuriken cannon
-3 jetbikes with one shuriken cannon

FAST
-5 Shining spears- exarch with star lance
-2 Vypers with missile launchers

Heavy
-Wraith lord- Star cannon and Bright Lance
-5 dark Reapers- exarch with tempest launcher and crack shot

I don't know the point coast for the units as I don't have my codex handy but this is about the list that I run and it is quite nasty.:biggrin:

#9 ·
I've seen glass cannon used against marines countless times and prevail. I'm serious. Take a few squads (full) of avengers and Scorpions in serpents and 3 prisms. Noone can catch you and if they do, you can pound them. Maybe Elrad in the squad of scorps. I lost against this too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.