Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to 40k and the main person I play uses at least three flyers every game. I have attempted to counter this with my own fire power. However he uses contemptor Mortis dreadnaughts with interceptor and skyfire.
I have found this difficult because few of my fliers survive movement. I know of no imperial guard units with interceptor. Therefore her rules the skies unopposed.
What can I do.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Well, we've got the Hydra and Flakk Missiles. Both are S7 AP4 so will kinda struggle against AV12, but are respectable against AV10/11. Then there's the Vendetta which has AV12, so assuming he's running Autocannons you have a reasonable chance of surviving Interceptor. Three sets of twin linked Lascannons usually does it nice against anything with an AV in response. You could always add Extra Armour to the Vendetta if you're feeling nervous, and put a Special Weapons Team inside it with Flamers in case there's no more tanks to shoot.

You could also take Fortifications to add to the shots, or cast Prescience on an Infantry Platoon jacked with Autocannons and hope for the best with Snap Shots.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you're really worried about it 2 Vendettas and/or the Quad gun off the aegis line is really the only useful counter unless you ally in SMs.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Blasphemy! You have the Vendetta! 2 or three of these in your otherwise unused fast attack slots and you're golden! Interceptor mortis dreads you say? Bring the Void Shield Generator as your fortification and blow them away with protected artillery or Leman Russes. Zoom your flyers in within 12" of the generator that you've placed fairly forward in your deployment zone and purchased extra void shields for and he has to shoot through 3 layers of AV12 before he can even touch your flyers. The best part? Those 3 layer generators are only 100pts and can be found in stronhold assault supplement. The worst part? The actual model for them is over 200 bucks at best. But there is hope! secretweaponminiatures.com has a terrain piece for under $20 that is a perfect "counts as" model. Bring one of these bad boys and watch him cry.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That's a really cool looking company you've mentioned there, @christopher.dean. I'm really digging their prices if nothing else!! They might be a stretch for counts-as for some people/GW stores, but I wouldn't give a crap. The size shrink down for the counts-as might be considered some version of 'modeling for advantage'. Here's a picture of the GW model and the SWM model for reference:

·
Registered
434 Posts
if you watch the editorial video at the bottom of the Gothic page they do a size comparison with a guardsman model towards the end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts