Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had an idea for a Necron/Mechanicum Army.
I don't know if this would be a viable competition army, but I don't really care it sounds fun in my head.
The idea is Anrakyr the Traveller, you know the necron who hijacks your tanks, expands his power to take over the Skitarii noosphere thing. Making for an entertaining excuse to use Skitarii with Necrons.

As for list stuff, I'd use Anrakyr with a Reclamation Legion detachment for the core of the army. Then supplement it using Skitarii, (rangers, vanguard, ruststalkers) because all your mechs are mine. TROLOLOLO :grin: Yeah, I know they fall under "Come the Apoc." on the allies chart so I'd have to keep them at the 12" separation.

Came up with this when I found a cheap Anrakyr the Traveller on eBay.
Still sounds fun, to me. So what do you guys think??

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
A better justification than most Come The Apoc allies. "Oh yeah, my Shield Eternal Biker Chapter Master totally found these 3 Flyrants just after they hatched and he, uh, raised them as his own pets."

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Actually, before the new Decurion stuff or the new AdMech came out, I had started building a list that was exactly this, fluffwise. It was Anrakyr in a barge (when it could be done), and a bunch of Triarch Stalkers, and then to represent more Hijacked machines, I used a Cadre Firebase. All the robots are his!

·
Registered
55 Posts
The Skittari are high-jacked by memetic Necrons worms, but these worms being in 'meat' bodies offends the sensibilities of 'true' Necrons. So, while the Skittari are slaves of the Necron Lord, the latent hatred to meat cannot be over-ridden.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts