Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was checking out the new releases on the GW site and as some of you may know the Cadian Battle force has long gone, but in its place is the Cadian Defense force for the RRP of £100
Ok thats a tad more expensive than the old battle force but have you seen what you get for £100?

Cadian command squad (£15.50)
Cadian Squad x2 (£36.00)
Cadian Heavy Weapons Team (£24.00)
Leman Russ tank(£31.00)
Chimera (£22.50)

Thats £129 worth of model (if purchased separate at full rrp) for £100 and i would say all of them are useful (please note not a guard player)

the other thing to mention is the Hammer of cadia which is 3 helhounds 3 leman russ and a baneblade for £205 ,the rrp for those items would be £271 thats a saving of £66 thats almost the bane blade for free!!!!

anyway, thought you should know

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
It's awesome that they have continued the theme of deals with battleforces. For a while it had tapered out with the Apocalypse Formations (which were one click bundles and offered no savings), but they have typically offered deals on their boxed armies have they not?

The BA one gets a free Rhino (or RAS, or DC whatever way you slice it), I know the other starter sets are similar.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Well, that is good. Thanks for pointing that out :)

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
When I saw the Hammer of Cadia box and noticed the price I almost spit out my coffee. GW giving away free Baneblades? Sure, I‘ll have one.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
$209 worth of models for $165 USD....basically a free russ.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Interesting. The chaos marine set saves you about $25 or the cost of the plastic terminator lord.

Definitely a step up for GW, but not as exciting as a bonus baneblade.

·
Registered
585 Posts
There's a Catachan £100 deal too, but that seems to be webstore only for some reason.

Just out of curiosity, anybody with the imper... sorry Astra Militarum codex know how many points this box set is?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Ordered mine at the weekend (hammer of cadia)
It does state a hellhammer in the boxset which I found slightly odd,
I wonder whether i'll get all the parts or just those for the hellhammer.

Not actually bothered though as I don't have a hellhammer

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
There's a Catachan £100 deal too, but that seems to be webstore only for some reason.
Catachan have been direct only for a couple months now.

If it's the Baneblade kit proper it'll be the parts for all of them, not just the Baneblade (as it's one kit). Otherwise they've taken off the sprue with the stuff for the Stormlord and that turret set up.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

From the wording in WD it's all the bits :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
This is a good step forward! Perhaps an experiment to see if they can draw more direct sales and dump the indie?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
This is a good step forward! Perhaps an experiment to see if they can draw more direct sales and dump the indie?
They can't dump the Indie as Indies are their best source of guaranteed income. If anything they need to drop the Brick and Mortars.

And Indies CAN order direct only stuff, they don't get a 40% discount though, it's more like 25-30% discount on the stuff.

Are the Hellhound/variants fun or useful? Haven't received my book yet. Those were the only iffy component of that bundle for me, if only because I don't know about them.
Bane Wolves can be kind of fun. S1, Wounds on a 2+, AP3, Ignores Cover Template. Give it a Heavy Flamer just to make it extra fun and watch your opponent's face met as his army does! :D

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
If anything they need to drop the Brick and Mortars.
Best idea I have heard in a long time. It is nice to see that they aren't solely doing those 1 click collections again.
Honestly there is nothing wrong with the 1-clicks. It just gives people ideas and encourages some people with large amounts disposable income to jump in on a good sized army.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
They can't dump the Indie as Indies are their best source of guaranteed income. If anything they need to drop the Brick and Mortars.

And Indies CAN order direct only stuff, they don't get a 40% discount though, it's more like 25-30% discount on the stuff.
They are a source of income under the CURRENT model - nothing to stop GW experimenting with a new way forward. This is a company that does all sorts of crazy things no normal business would do!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts