Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i kill a necron lord with a res orb with a instant death weapon? does he get back up

if he doesn't and i kill the rest of the necrons with instant death.. do they get back up?

do necrons only get 1 get back up roll with out a rez orb ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yo,

1.) A Necron Lord striked down by an ID weapon or power weapon, may roll WBB(given he has a rezorb).

2.) They may roll WBB if the Lord gets up as well, you'd have to roll the lord WBB first then.

3.) A rezorb doesn't effect the number of WBB rolls, the only thing that would change that is a monolith.

Lemartes

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but can necrons still get up after instant death if there isnt a orb

necrons have 1 chance to get up dont they ?

what does the orb do

·
Registered
139 Posts
Necrons can get up again (WBB - We'll be back) if they get killed.

Weapons with Double Str or armour ignoring CC attacks deny that WBB roll.

Rezorb says, that you may roll WBB even if you got striked down by a power weapon or a Double Str weapon.

Range on Rezorb is 6".

Lemartes

·
Registered
538 Posts
if you teleport a "necron" unit thru the monolith the next turn,you get to roll a 2nd wbb on the ones that failed in that unit from the previous turn.
cannot fire the particle whip if use power matrix to teleport.

·
Registered
190 Posts
if you teleport a "necron" unit thru the monolith the next turn,you get to roll a 2nd wbb on the ones that failed in that unit from the previous turn.
cannot fire the particle whip if use power matrix to teleport.
True. But how about this: Deep-strike behind enemy lines, teleport a unit of warriors, and shoot the flux arcs. BTW, I'm not trying to turn this into an arguement, I'm just saying.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhh thanks..

looks at eldar list..

so rending harlequins kiss and ap1 sniper rifles count ? as no WBB roll unless lord withn 6"

so next time i play necrons im killing the lord and then killing the necron warriors

the guy brings on 4 monoliths in a apoalypse game so yeeeha he will think i go for his monoliths and ill shot his necrons with fire dragons lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MKG--This has been clearly explained earlier in Lemartes posts. Please re-read again.
i know im just expressing my delght

orb = rez if within 6 and no wbb roll
no orb they only get wbb roll

if i kill them wiht instant death no wbb roll

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Actually... the codex says that Double Str weapons cancels their Well Be Back Rolls and says nothing of Instant Death.

Now given most people play it so that anything that meets the criteria for Instant Death cancels Well Be Back and I would recommend it for most games. But RAW Instant Death does not cancell Well Be Back only Double Str. This is important to remember the distinction because there are a few weapons which state that they cause Instant Death.

Bottom Line...
Rez Orb means always get a chance at Well Be Back.
No Rez Orb then only get a chance at it if not Double Str or ignorered armor saves in CC.
Got it?

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
6" from the Necron lord to any model in a unit. If at least one model is in range then the whole unit get to benefit from the rez orb. Thats why the Necron phalanx is the most common organization for them.. it keeps as many units as possible within range of both other units of their type and the rez orb.

·
Registered
538 Posts
tank shock and being sucked into the warp do not allow a wbb,even if there is an orb within 6". Those are 2 examples. There might be a couple more as has been stated in earlier posts.

My vanilla 'crons sport multitudes of warriors. Basic but extremely effective.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Yup, yup, yup.... While Necrons are far from the most powerful army in the game, they sure do have some very unique rules. Sometimes, I just wish those unique rules didn't seem to hamstring the army so much.

While the ResOrb/WBB combo is awesome, it does forcefully promote the phalanx. Most Necron Commanders are reluctant to do much else, other than Veil-Lording their Immortals around or sniping with Destroyers. More so than Space Marines, the Necron tourney army is pretty standardized.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts