Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone just a quick introduction, my name is Willem-Jan. But on the web I go around using Hephesto, which is a bit of a spin-off from hephasto the armorer, the hellsmith levelboss from Diablo II. A game that has cost me nearly two years of my life an still manages to drag me back in from time to time.

I'm a 23 year old social psychology student from Holland, who is still barely managing to hang on to the hobby that has given me 15+ years of joy. I had already stumbled onto this site a few months ago, but somehow ended up on astronomican. A plea from Vash (he called it begging :wink:) quickly convinced me to check this place out and to help out a bit with adding some pics and maybe some more articles.

I've been active in the miniature/gw hobby since I was about six years old, I'm thinking it might be something genetic as my grandfather and father were also miniature and hobby fanatics. For me it really started with ridderstrijd/starquest, 2 spin-off games from citadel and MB games. Ever since then I've been in and out of the hobby, mostly just gaming. But recently I have had very little fellow gamers around so these days it''s about making stuff for me.

During those long years I've played various chaos legions including night lords, iron warriors, death guard and various smaller legions of my own desgin. Further I've also messed around with dark eldar, space wolves, salamander, orks and a few tau. Some of my other interests lie in reading, drawing, other minature games such as mage knight (yes I know I should be ashamed buying prepainted minis) and listening to music.

I'm looking forward to spending some more time on this forum and making some useful contributions. For some of my stuff, nothing older then a few years as I've sold a lott of my older stuff years ago for funds, check out hephesto's forge

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Welcome!

I played DII for awhile, too. I owned. Really. I had a hacked level 99 Amazon and a hacked level 99 barb.

Whites/blacks/charms/supahs/dupes, i could do it all!

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't have internet back in those days, so I was stuck in single player and hacked my way though normal and nightmare with a sorceror. Hell got way to tough halfway act1.

I had a character for each class, just loved the diversity of them. Might have to play it for a few hours again at the risks of it turning into new frantic gaming month :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
hi

So Vash go you on here as well there are no limits to his recruiting skills!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome to the community! I'm a local warboss who can shed light on all things orky for you. Glad to have you on board.

I played DII to death when it came out. I was in Kosovo at the time and ended up playing it for weeks on end. Man I loved that game.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome abord Hephesto! :D
Brilliant work on the set of the links you posted up, cheers!

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My pleasure, just making myself usefull. I always hoped that one day someone would put something like this together, I simlpy got tired of waiting and started it myself.

What started as a small list has grown in 2 (3 if you count lotr) considerable lists, which with help of others and my gw addiction will continue to grow.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well time to dig up a rather old introduction, but heck I've been gone for nearly half a year now. Well as promised I'm back guys, the place has really grown I see. Well done!

So how has everybody been doing these last couple of month?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Welcome back. Thinking about it I haven't seen much from you lately. :laugh:

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome back. Thinking about it I haven't seen much from you lately. :laugh:
Well good to know people missed me then :wink:

Been away for almost half a year now, my work, studies and 'work' on another forum forced me to limit to online time. Shame I need to sleep every now and then, those 5-8 would come in quite handy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts