Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my quest to represent all 4 powers in appocalypse games iv turned my attentions to papa nurg leth... my aim is to create stand alone competative themed armys that should a BIG game arise come together on the battlefield effectively.

here goes

Typhus

6 nurgle terminators, 4 combi-melta/pw, 1 chainfist/HF, 1 pair claws...
7 chosen, 5 plasma guns, MON

7PM, fist, dual melta,personal icon, rhino,
7PM, fist, dual plasma,personal icon, rhino,
7PM, fist, dual flamer,personal icon, rhino,
7 lesser daemons

7 raptors, nurgle, meltaguns, fist,
7 bikes, fist, dual melta, icon nurgle

2 oblits
2 oblits
3 oblits

i dont have a codex to hand but i think its about 2000 points and fits the number 7 as best as i can crowbar it... 7 unit types, all squads 7 models where possible, (total of 7 oblits) i'll point it all up in a min, im sure iv missed something...

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
in my quest to represent all 4 powers in appocalypse games iv turned my attentions to papa nurg leth... my aim is to create stand alone competative themed armys that should a BIG game arise come together on the battlefield effectively.

here goes

Typhus
Nice looking model, but pretty expensive. I think you'd like creating and using a couple daemon princes with mark of nurgle and wings.
6 nurgle terminators, 4 combi-melta/pw, 1 chainfist/HF, 1 pair claws...
7 chosen, 5 plasma guns, MON
This unit looks like plasma suicide unit. Not a bad idea, however, the mark of nurgle is pretty expensive to have a unit deployed ahead of your entire army only to get chopped up till your army arrives. I'd rethink this unit, or at least take the mark to make it competetive and use the points elsewhere.
7PM, fist, dual melta,personal icon, rhino,
7PM, fist, dual plasma,personal icon, rhino,
7PM, fist, dual flamer,personal icon, rhino,
I'm not sure what these are, but I recommend death guard if you want to use plasma and melta guns. And 7 or 8 is a good number to have with them. Of course always have a champion with a powerfist. And put them in a rhino with extra armor.
7 lesser daemonsDon't think these are very useful. They look cool in a fluff army but not really competetive as they die to quickly

7 raptors, nurgle, meltaguns, fist,
7 bikes, fist, dual melta, icon nurgle
This looks very expensive. Bikes are usually not used anymore as you can use raptors which are more effective. But if you'd like to try these go ahead. but I don't think they will make up for their points, if it was me, i'd use raptors.
2 oblits
2 oblits
3 oblits

i dont have a codex to hand but i think its about 2000 points and fits the number 7 as best as i can crowbar it... 7 unit types, all squads 7 models where possible, (total of 7 oblits) i'll point it all up in a min, im sure iv missed something...
hope this help. goodluck

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
wo wo crawford mark of nurgle bikes are T4/6 thats amazing. but yea i generally dont use bikes because of price. i like to spam multiple cheap units with really good guns. i like the list dont know if i would ever run a list like that because i am a bit competitive and dont like typhus because he is 225 points without eternal warrior on foot with no retnuie and T4/5 so when instant death rule apllys hes only 4 so he gets killed by lascannons and S8 stuff. but i can respect you are running a themed army. good luck with the list and hope you mke grandfather nugle pleased

1 - 4 of 4 Posts