Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...reporting for duty!

I have just recently discovered the tabletop wargame hobby. I have a friend who wanted me to pick up FoW after my last project caught fire and had to be crushed into a cube. The addictive qualities were readily apparent, but I opted for 40k due to the increased creative freedom. A few of my other friends have followed suit, but have not yet joined Heresy.

Although I do not have any experience working on the micro scale, I have spent several years constructing props and scenery for various university and community theatre productions. My first test models are painted, and I'm excited at the prospect of seeing my first Krieglings in battle.

For those of you who are kind enough to welcome us rookies, I will share with you something I've discovered that is very handy: A Dremel Multimax with a 3/4 inch flush cut blade wrapped in packing tape and rubber bands makes an amazing hand-held paint shaker. The 1,000 opm yields much better results in 10 seconds than I could achieve by hand in hours. :so_happy: Sorry I can't post pics as I'm at work. I will put together a formal tutural at some point in the future.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
welcome to the forum!, will be interesting seeing your tutorial when it's up, I will have to keep an eye out and have a look

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome to the Heresy my friend! Its always good to see multi-talented artists swell the ranks here at the forums.

Thank you for the tip with the paint shaker, it should help some of us out that actually use sprayers and the like. I would tell you to check out the tutorials and project logs but you're already going to post one here in the near future. Also check out the fluff and other awesome forums we have here on the Heresy.

So be sure to check out the rules, be a cool cat and have fun!

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Welcome to heresy. Starting with Krieg, no mucking about with this guy. Look forward to seeing your forces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts