Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is my regular list that I use and performs well, I was just looking for maybe somemore fine-tuning that the grindstone of war may miss

Librarian- epistolary, terminator armour, storm sheild, force axe
(divination(mostly prescience) and biomancy(whatever))
(Doesn't use both powers alot, and we he does, his head explodes, but it's useful for anti character or MC, but his squad does this fine)
With termies

Sanguinary priest- jumppack
with assault squads
Sanguinary priest
with terminators
(these are purely buff units, and hide from challenges, that furious charge and FnP is so useful)

10man terminator assault squad- 10 thunderhammer/ stormshield
Great tanks and rape when get into melee, but are to slow mostly to offer the assault squads support)

x2 10man assault squads- x2 melta guns, power fist
(these do pretty well, travel as a pair and work as one unit, but sometimes feel exposed with any support)

Thats it, am looking for advice, or how it compares to my other storm raven list I have up

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Your list is currently 1240.

(Doesn't use both powers alot, and we he does, his head explodes, but it's useful for anti character or MC, but his squad does this fine
So you have the issue where you don't like using two powers a turn and the unit you're attaching him to deals with things that need to be insta-killed just fine....but you want to spend the 50 points anyway? I don't get it.

these are purely buff units, and hide from challenges, that furious charge and FnP is so useful
In both of those squads you have the one guy with WS5 avoiding challenges? FnP and FC are useful, but so is hitting on 3+.

10man terminator assault squad
This squad is going to be entirely relying on it's 2+/3++ to get across the table since you're foot slogging. If you DSing them, pick your spot carefully and hope to not scatter! I've had virtually no luck ever footslogging my assault terminators, but with a unit of 10 some of them gotta make it.

My comments are pretty much the same as the last list dude, PFs in the RAS are unnecessary and PSs on your Priests capitalizes on their improved WS. Furthermore, if it were my army I'd drop half the Terminators for a SR to transport the remaining half including the Libby.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I footslog them, and it works out fine, and I like to have the two powers incase I get say enfeeble, or ironarm/warpspeed, I means I can buff and debuff/go chuck Norris on their arse!
But if I did ditch epistolary, what would I buy? 2 swords for the priests, that leaves another 30 with the left over points, so what should that go to?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I'd get rid of the PFs in the RAS to accommodate the Priest's weapons before I got rid of Epistolary in this list. My comment before was directed at your seeming admittance to the upgrade not doing that much for you, if you like it keep it. I just didn't get why you had it if you've got gripes with his exploding head or squad killing what his force weapon would anyway.

As a disclaimer, EVERY time I see Priests without power weapons I will find a way to accommodate that change in the list because I see it as a vastly better use of points than buffing a RAS sergeant. It doesn't mean you have to do it as well, it seems like a lot of the things that I'm talking about don't seem to matter in your games (like my concerns about anti air taking out the raven in your other list, or footslogging terminators working for you where they fail terribly for me). For example, if I were to play either of your 1250 point lists against the more competitive armies my friends have I would be at a horrible loss because death star units get shot up like mad in my games, and fliers are everywhere.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was critical is I was trying to think like a whatgamacallit, being critical of everything, and could you advise me on the best powers, divination I know is amazing, but I'm not sure about the others
And I'll ditch one fist to get the priests swords, which will leave me 5pts, any ideas?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Melta bombs for the now fist-less dude in case you wanna charge armour still? Divination is where I go for my powers if need be, but I love me some Unleash Rage and Sanguine Sword most of the time. With luck I have done massive damage with Blood Lance, but that is only with luck and now my opponents are less inclined to pack tanks together.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, I hadn't thought about using the codex powers, of all things, might of Heros seems great, especially if a guys in a challenge, to give me more over kill points

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Might of Heros
It's half as good as Warp Speed from the Biomancy table, but you don't have to roll for it and get stuck with Smite (which is in our Codex as well) as a fallback. Likewise, Unleash Rage is a lot like Prescience off the Divination table but it only applies to the assault phase and is re-roll 1's on to hit/wound. In your role here I'd say that if you went Codex powers take Unleash Rage and Might of Heroes (since it rocks for being stuck in a shitty challenge). I hesitate to comment on the BRB powers as I haven't used them as much, but I would roll off on Divination just to waste time and pick Prescience (with a potential hope for Precognition; again challenges) and if I don't end up with that 5 switch over to Biomancy and try for Warp Speed. Smite isn't super applicable to you, but you never know when 4 AP2 shots will come in handy. Does that jive with what you're thinking of for that Libby at all?

In the last few games I have played my Libbynaught has been running amok with Wings of Sanguinius and Might of Heroes. I never thought I would like that model on the table top as much as I do, but god damn. So good. Even if it's JUST for attacking at Initiative with a S7 AP2 Force weapon, I'm happy. There's been some epic throwdowns between this dude and a FMC Daemon Prince, AV13 is killer too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts