Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
141 - 160 of 172 Posts
I spoke to someone in GW Australia and as for sales figures.

in 2011 their sales was down by 11.5%, well this chap said that off the record sales figures for GW Australia for 2012 is down a further 15.5%, this is an overall drop of 25.25% of 2010 sales figures.

However, though sales have dropped by something like 25.25% over the last two years, with the price rise in 2010 last price rise in 2011 and this current price rise will offset that 25.25% sales drop, GW still ecconomically comes out in front with an overall net operations profit.

Happy gaming.

Looks like they've twigged that there is no reason to buy rhinos if they price them the same as Razorbacks. It is now a whole £2.50 more to get a Razorback.

Well shit.

in 2011 their sales was down by 11.5%, well this chap said that off the record sales figures for GW Australia for 2012 is down a further 15.5%, this is an overall drop of 25.25% of 2010 sales figures.

However, though sales have dropped by something like 25.25% over the last two years, with the price rise in 2010 last price rise in 2011 and this current price rise will offset that 25.25% sales drop, GW still ecconomically comes out in front with an overall net operations profit.

Happy gaming.
well i think a big pat on the back to GW for turning around a failing sector of its company and bringing it back profitable.

well i think a big pat on the back to GW for turning around a failing sector of its company and bringing it back profitable.
Like I said before, if they keep lowering sales, they won't be able to keep up in the long run. At a certain point, a million times zero sales still amount to zero profit. Short term profit shouldn't always be rewarded...

Phil

Like I said before, if they keep lowering sales, they won't be able to keep up in the long run. At a certain point, a million times zero sales still amount to zero profit. Short term profit shouldn't always be rewarded...

Phil
That's because business school 101 is you don't hike prices for short term profit goals unless your company is going out of business. It's a stupid plan, and will hurt them way more than they have gained. I don't even know how people can get into the game anymore with these absurd prices. I started in 08 with the release of 5th and since then things like the land raider have gone up 50% in price. No way would I have been able to get into the hobby like I did before.

Happy gaming.
and their sales will drop again because of it, and they'll end up with a net -loss- instead.

which will hopefully piss off GW's investors enough to make GW realize that what they're doing is moronic beyond mortal imagining.

The only up side to the price hike that I can see is that this will cause people to buy less models and actually paint what they have. That way I don't see full armies still bare plastic on bases on the damn table.

Regardless the hobby is still cheaper then smoking and drugs so I'm ok with it lol!
cue ipad-wielding preteen walking into your FLGS with an unpainted army.

The price hike is a tiny portion of the gw catalogue and compared to some of the previous years its hardly worth worrying about,gw may have lost a few sales but remain in the black, well done i say ,any uk manufactour and high street retailer who can boast that at the moment deserves some praise, so a land raider is expensive ? Buy it or dont buy it but please lets not go down the "its the end of GW" rpad because this isnt our first rodeo, gw prices have been high since they started,ok £10 could get me alot of lead back in the day but it could also feed me for a week,now im lucky for £10 to cover my lunch for two days.
Look on the brightside,in twelve months time you will be begging to only pay £45 for a land raider

The price hike is a tiny portion of the gw catalogue and compared to some of the previous years its hardly worth worrying about,gw may have lost a few sales but remain in the black, well done i say ,any uk manufactour and high street retailer who can boast that at the moment deserves some praise, so a land raider is expensive ? Buy it or dont buy it but please lets not go down the "its the end of GW" rpad because this isnt our first rodeo, gw prices have been high since they started,ok £10 could get me alot of lead back in the day but it could also feed me for a week,now im lucky for £10 to cover my lunch for two days.
Look on the brightside,in twelve months time you will be begging to only pay £45 for a land raider
Since directed at me, not saying this the "End" of GW, but this is not a good business practice, anyone who runs a business should know this. It's good for short term problems but terrible for long term problems. As for buying a land raider, I won't be...that's not the problem, the problem they are going to start facing is that new people will not be able to get into the game, and as such they will as they are already seeing, see loss in sales, and will keep seeing them with every new price increase. I haven't bought a GW model in almost a year, and because I have completed all my armies except my FW DKOK, I won't be buying anything else from them. Who will replace my sales figures? New people? Not likely with ever increasing prices...this hobby constantly needs new blood to maintain their profits, and that will begin to dry up just like it has in Australia.

Now it is going to get very serious for GW Australia.

If my information is correct and that in the last two years GW Australia sales are down by 25.25% of 2010 sales this as of now 6th June 2012 is going to get ugly very quickly if the expected June price rises do come because of several incidents that have recently occured.

1, The massive ecconomic problem in Europe wiping 100's of Billions off the Autralian Stock Markets.

2, Commodities such as raw materials have plummeted leading to Australian commodity prices falling.

3, The above combined effect is having a huge bearing on the Australian Dollar, in which has contracted sharply over the last few weeks.

This has a huge bearing of net operational profit, it does not look good.

Why do GW need to sell to the veterans?
They've already got armies and just buy the new things that come out.
If they target it at rich beginner kids* they can sell it all again...
I reckon they'll complain less about finecast too...

*Once gigged with some rich kids - A les paul guitar fell over in it's case, kid opened it and the headstock fell off. Kid didn't care :angry: Spose his dad bought him a new one. The audience they had was mainly their dads. When I was younger we 'saved up' and cared about what we got...but thats enough of my grumbling for now...

Why do GW need to sell to the veterans?
They've already got armies and just buy the new things that come out.
If they target it at rich beginner kids* they can sell it all again...
I reckon they'll complain less about finecast too...

*Once gigged with some rich kids - A les paul guitar fell over in it's case, kid opened it and the headstock fell off. Kid didn't care :angry: Spose his dad bought him a new one. The audience they had was mainly their dads. When I was younger we 'saved up' and cared about what we got...but thats enough of my grumbling for now...
You see, that is what GW does and for a long time it hasn't catered for veterans.

It has for a long time a chew and spew approach to customers, it targets kids (via their parents). It's aim is to get in 10 to 12 year olds and wring everything out of them in 3 to 5 years and then more or less they get jack of the hobby and leave.

I did some stats and only about 1% of all GW customers who get into WH40K, WHFB and LoTR become 10 year veterans.

GW Global answers to share holders who at the end of the day want their dividend, shareholders don't care about customers concerns, never have and never will.

I also did some stats that showed that 99% of internet stats are wrong and GW customer base has grown by 3.5 billion % in the last 15 minutes!
That's just ridiculous Norm; 3/4 Giraffes agree that GW's customer base is growing at a steady 12 parsecs, that's fast enough to make the Kessel run.

Well if gw only retain 1%of it customer base every year after the tenth they should be congratulated in managung to stay in business this long with such terrible customer retension. obviously they must umderstand there market far better than any of us if they can scratch a living out and be the number one in the field too.

141 - 160 of 172 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.