Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and Jigplums have recently decided to start attending all the UK 40k tournaments throughout the year.

Can you guys give me a list of them, dates, locations etc so we can start planning tickets, hotels and attendance.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
333 Posts
There's bloody loads throughout the country. Try here for starters:

http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=34366

and here for more:

http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=24527

Out of those listed, I've been to Open War which I reccommend (1 day so easy on the pocket) also the Warseer Carnage events are a good laugh too. Toy Soldier in Preston was good last year as well but may be a bit far North for you guys, same with Britcon in Manchester although I'm sure accomodation could be found up here for you.

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
There's a tournament run in London every May and October called Mayhem/Octoberfest. I don't think they have a website but quite a lot of people go, not only from london. It's in a format quite similar to the GTs.

I couldn't make it to Octoberfest this year but I think I'll be at Mayhem.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice.

I can see me getting hooked on the tournament side of the hobby. I think we'll definately attend the Spikeyclub one and all the ones in London.

A trip up to Manchester would be a cool plan as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not to forget Flame On's Tournament Battle of the Chumps in when ever Neil organises it.
Battle of the Chumps is a great event, mainly due to the fact that it is different from your standard GT style 1500pts tournaments.

If you are looking for GT style events though I would recommend carnage (march 29th-30th), it was definitely one of the best events I went to last year and I intend to go again this year.

·
Registered
137 Posts
it was definitely one of the best events I went to last year and I intend to go again this year.
Just cos you won :fuck:

Nah, it really is a cracking event. Not sure what Simon's doing with it this year, i think it might just be a 40k event this time which means more people playing 40k yay!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Not to forget Flame On's Tournament Battle of the Chumps in when ever Neil organises it.
:angry::angry::angry: Excuse me it is pretty much organised! Rules packs are just about done (the WFB one is getting a couple of small tweeks), the venue is booked, drunken shenanigans are planned and the Flame On is about to become the proud owner of its own bank account.

All i need to do is confirm food costs with Brian as ppl seem to prefer the idea of GTesque vouchers over buying thier own.

But if you think you can do a better job Mr Allen El-Dual-Lash-Gay-SOB-Mr-Heat1-Sour then by all means...... :fuck:

And yes it is the best 1 day tourney going.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry, you're banned on the basis that we'd like someone from Manchester to win it for once :ireful2:
:laugh:Now that Neil has decided to open up the tournament to non flame on members I can't really see someone from Manchester bringing back the trophy, it is almost like a tradition.

I mean last time there was only Paul, Allen and myself that weren't from Manchester and flame on didn't win, now as it is possible you could be outnumbered by other clubs at the event it is going to be even harder for you to win. Saying that though I have just bought the flame on t-shirt, so I guess that means I am now officially part of flame on, which automatically means there is no chance I can win again this year.:grin:

·
Registered
966 Posts
:laugh:Now that Neil has decided to open up the tournament to non flame on members I can't really see someone from Manchester bringing back the trophy, it is almost like a tradition.

I mean last time there was only Paul, Allen and myself that weren't from Manchester and flame on didn't win, now as it is possible you could be outnumbered by other clubs at the event it is going to be even harder for you to win. Saying that though I have just bought the flame on t-shirt, so I guess that means I am now officially part of flame on, which automatically means there is no chance I can win again this year.:grin:
I'm quietly confident that the manchester based lads will win the 40k side for once (maybe its got something to do with all ppl living in manchester getting and automatice 100 point bonus?).

·
Registered
966 Posts
If that's the case I need to move up to manchester then. :grin:
LOL who's to say you would be allowed in? Strict passport controls up here mate against all those southerners trying to get in :grin:

TBH i couldn't care who wins as i'll be sitting upon my mighty pedastal drinking beer and mocking everyone :so_happy:

·
Registered
81 Posts
LOL who's to say you would be allowed in? Strict passport controls up here mate against all those southerners trying to get in :grin:
That ruins my plans then; I guess I will have to earn the points the old fashioned way.

TBH i couldn't care who wins as i'll be sitting upon my mighty pedastal drinking beer and mocking everyone :so_happy:

:laugh:I can see it now, Neil the Lord of Games, sitting there passing judgment on those who are trying to compete for his favour.

·
Registered
28 Posts
:angry::angry::angry: Excuse me it is pretty much organised! Rules packs are just about done (the WFB one is getting a couple of small tweeks), the venue is booked, drunken shenanigans are planned and the Flame On is about to become the proud owner of its own bank account.

All i need to do is confirm food costs with Brian as ppl seem to prefer the idea of GTesque vouchers over buying thier own.

But if you think you can do a better job Mr Allen El-Dual-Lash-Gay-SOB-Mr-Heat1-Sour then by all means...... :fuck:

And yes it is the best 1 day tourney going.
I didn't mean to imply that you hadn't organised it ... more that I couldn't be bothered to check which date won the vote for next year and the event would be on what ever date you had organised for it.

BTW my name is Mr Allen El-Dual-Lash-Gay-SOB-Mr-Heat2-Sour. Get it right!

·
Registered
966 Posts
I didn't mean to imply that you hadn't organised it ... more that I couldn't be bothered to check which date won the vote for next year and the event would be on what ever date you had organised for it.

BTW my name is Mr Allen El-Dual-Lash-Gay-SOB-Mr-Heat2-Sour. Get it right!
Sorry dude i'll make sure to get it right next time :biggrin:

I would apologise about making you think i was annoyed at the implication that i hadn't organised it (dude you should know i don't take much to heart) but then read that you AINT BEEN BOTHERED!!!! to check the date!

Shame on you sir! :nono:

(btw it is the 21st June)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.