Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok, so this is a thread so people can tell us all about the most annoying people they know at their bunker, or store, or anything 40k related.

Me and my friends know this kid who started going to GW. This kid is known for touching and breaking, and just pissing people off. Even our store manager James has lost it with him. So, he has broken several people's models including: My auxiliary sentinel, the stores stompa twice in the same day, a man's hammerhead, and an 8 year old's daemon prince. He also enjoys shaking the class cases surrounding the store knocking over models in them. Plus he like going around to watch games to touch models. Once he picked up my friends land raider in the middle of a game and put it up to his ear and began to shake it! Wondering if there was something inside.

:suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:
Hope you get a good kik out of this!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I...I...don't want to talk about it...my poor chaos lord...

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
@cris, if I were you I would beat the living shit out of the little pos. Why doesn't the store ban his ass?

On the topic, I hate cocky pos.

·
Registered
324 Posts
We have one guy here who insists on putting his two cents' worth in discussions about a game three tables away. Without looking at the table or listening to three quarters of the conversation. With information that is neither germane nor accurate.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I think I am the annoying guy at the store I go to. I don't really do anything annoying, but I know the last time I lost a game of 40k (ha ha, I can hear the jokes now, and yes I play more often than never) and it has been over a calendar year ago. I think people just get annoyed that I manage to eek out that nearly impossible draw, or the unlikely victory more often than the odds would predict.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
in the gw shop i used to go into before i moved, we had two annoyences, the first young lad wasnt to bad but had a habit of picking up peoples models without asking right in front of the owning person he did it to me sometimes with my models that only just had paint on them,
the next dude was the most annoying of all, everytime he came in he insisted on talking about his own rules he made up this included made up weapons and saying that his rules were better then GW, then when having games tried forcing them on other gamers, now his rules and lists were way overpowered because of his rules and on top of that he insisted only playing on little kids caus he new he could win and wouldnt listen to advice on his army which was guard, he insisted that by keeping his tanks at angle that were better protected and the firing arcs better, and a group of us pointed out that by doing that he was leaving his tanks vunerable do side attacks and making easier to get around the rear of his tanks, also had a habit of putting his gaurdsmen in a long line, but yer one of the most annoying gamers i have ever meet even the staff couldnt stand him and never looked foward to seeing him, anyway rant over

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think I am the annoying guy at the store I go to. I don't really do anything annoying, but I know the last time I lost a game of 40k (ha ha, I can hear the jokes now, and yes I play more often than never) and it has been over a calendar year ago. I think people just get annoyed that I manage to eek out that nearly impossible draw, or the unlikely victory more often than the odds would predict.
My good friend that plays Tyranid/Imp Guard/Grey Knights does exactly what you do. It does get annoying after awhile when he just pulls a draw or victory out of no where.

Anyway, my place doesnt have it too bad. The only annoyance is a guy that comes in every once and awhile. He INSISTS on letting us know of every Space Wolve fluff detail out there to tell us how awesome his army is. When he plays a game, we have destroyed him everytime. :laugh:

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
there is this one kid in my local GW who is so annoying. he is a little shithead who plays tau, and he spams battlesuits, 14 in his army. but that is not the annoying part. i was talking to this guy about my space wolves one day, the release day of the BA, and he walked over to me and the other guy, as i was talking about how cool Bjorn the fell handed was, and he just walked up and said "Ha, bjorn the fell handed sucks so do and all the other space wolf characters, the Sanguinor is so much better, he has....blah blah, blah" he just started talking about how his army would shoot mine to pieces and that i would never get into combat with his Tau. long story short, i spammed 3 rune priests, using murderous hurricane, storm caller, tempests wrath and living lightning. he shot and shot, but i used my cover saves on my rhinos, and land raider, sent in my grey hunters and annihilated him in combat.
another little shit in my GW is a little scumbag, who cheats all the time, moving like 8" on the charge, telling me he had 1250 points on the board, when i tallied it up he had 1800 pts! he used orbital bombardment 3 times in one game( not against me) and said marneus calgar had 10 attacks and initiative 5 with his power fists. he is a joke. he talked to me in the shot and i quote "i just made me conformation der last week and i spent like €300 in here" i just looked and restrained a laugh. god the sales men must love him

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have a friend who's friend got him into warhammer and told my friend shit like "twin linked gives you double the number of shots" or crap like "there's this tyranid brain bug that allows your guardsmen to use battlecannons as normal weapons and gives them T5 with FNP"

oh and my personal favourites "tyranids don't scatter when DSing as they burrow under the ground"

and

"regeneration on a carnifex means everytime the carnifex takes a wound you roll a D6, on a 6 it is regenerated. And you can do this every turn for every wound he has taken over the course of the game"

Last time i played him he tried this shit on me, i slapped him with the rule book and proceeded to vaporise his Nids with ease.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
The most annoying person in my local GW is this little kid, who thinks he's so amazing at 40k. He's a polite kid fair enough, and he asked me for a game, so I agreed since I wasn't doing anything, and I said points? He said 1500pts, which is what I had in my case at the time, I started getting my stuff out, to be fair I had a lot of tanks and little troops. But he decided to say, oh, I promised another guy a game. When he left he just left me, most of my stuff left on the table, I looked at the staff member, he rolled his eyes at the kid.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
16 year old at my local GW who rants about how amazing DE are and how every time he fights them they beat him senseless, and how everyone should play them 'cos they's SO amazing.

Another kid, who has never done anything wrong I suppose, but has like 5000pts in his SM army and is something like 6. No grasp of tactics, and the colour scheme on them is a waste of paint. His dad buys one thing for him and say a tactical squad for the little kid every time he goes into the store. WTF?

Midnight

·
Registered
92 Posts
Theirs this kid in my shop that we call The Prophecy, he has a nack for cheating and losing all the time, he thinks hes the best and constantly gets destroyed game after game. when he starts to lose he gets extreamly angry and then cheats to win, what a dick. if i every play him, unspeakable things will happen..:threaten:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
16 year old at my local GW who rants about how amazing DE are and how every time he fights them they beat him senseless, and how everyone should play them 'cos they's SO amazing.
What, that's wrong? :biggrin:

I have issues with the guy who won't take my lists seriously. I've run a grots-only ork list, and one gamer's refused to play it because it's "not really orky." Bah!

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have this guy about 33 nothing wrong but one day when there was a 30,000pts battle he comes into the store and drops 5 armor cast reaver titans 3 armorcast warhound titans 2 forge world reaver titans 2 forgeworld warhound titans 3stromblades 2baneblades 3shadowswords 15 lemanruss tanks 2 maruderbombers and inbetween 400-600 guardsman with about 70-80 asorted heavy weapons teams! WHAT THE HOLY FUCK where did he get the MONEY! YOU HAD TO SEE IT TO BELIVE IT OW AND ONE OF THE ORIGINAL METAL THUNDERHAWKS!

·
Registered
436 Posts
What, that's wrong? :biggrin:

I have issues with the guy who won't take my lists seriously. I've run a grots-only ork list, and one gamer's refused to play it because it's "not really orky." Bah!
I wouldn't play it. Not because its not orky. No, because I have better things to do with a year of my life. LOL! :biggrin:

I would be interested in seeing a turn of that game, but not a whole game.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think that stores just come with an annoying kid.
They probablly just open up the door for the location and he's just sitting there (let's be honest, it's always a guy). Like holy fuck, where are they all coming from?

I think that my local GW has possibly the worst kid. First, he smells like ass, second, he is dumber than fuck and lastly never shuts up about warhammer. There is only 2 occasions where i have been there and he hasn't. I really hate when parents just drop their kids off and use the FLGS as a daycare

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
I think I'm the annoying one at my store. I go in there many times (and normally leave with something.) While I'm there I discuss tactics and games I've played with my mates. (Annoying Part) Then I say I'll come in for a game or an event on insert date here and then never turn up as I have a bad habit of being busy when I have stuff planned.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I tend to think I'm the annoying one as I tend to ask a lot of rules questions. Then again, it's mostly aimed at certain individuals whom I know have cheated against me or I've seen cheating in the past. It prolly gets annoying for the guy that knows all the rules though. Telling the new guy that his chapter master can't even fire his pistol because his article doesn't mention him having one and knowingly not turning to the Army List section counts as cheating in my book. (Very minor example yes)

There is one guy that gets into everyone's conversations without bothering to understand it in context then proceeds to make an offensive remark to one or both parties involved in the conversation to begin with. That's only when he's not trying to sell everyone something. Not too sure why he tries to get me to buy something, he knows quite well that I'm broke.

·
4,491 Posts
People that come to my gaming club knowing there is a fee for the venue, playing a game, then saying "oh sorry, i dont have any money".:angry:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts