Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
Rhino

Landraider
Daemonic Possession
Dozer Blade

Obliterators (2)

Obliterators (2)

Not entirely my idea, but my wife’s. She wanted to paint an army, and even though she has no aspirations to play, she wanted me to make an army list that wouldn’t suck (you guys be the judge of that) but could still be painted nicely.

The whole idea is to represent elements from rogue Blood Angel descendants) that have succumbed to various Chaos Gods and joined forces with Fallen Dark Angels. She wants to paint the Slaanesh portions of the army to emphasize hedonistic beauty (think of Sigvald the Magnificent from WHFB).

We plan to use the Ezekiel model for the Sorc., Sanguinary Guard for the Chosen and Noise Marines,
Dark Angels with robes for the Thousand Sons. The ‘Zerkers will be the ‘counts as’ Death Company of BA that succumbed to the Black Rage and I want to make them look like Lamenters or Flesh Tearers that finally lost it.

The Oblits are the hardest part. What I want to use is 3 Space Marines with special weapons standing on a base as if they are a firing team, but it might be hard to do as the Oblit bases are small. And of course any Dark Angels models should be painted in pre-Heresy colors.

Any thoughts? I noticed I made some mistakes, but I wanted to see what the good people of Heresy had to say about this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Tzeentch
Bolt of Change; Warptime

While I can see the draw of the sorcerer, is there any way I can convince you to take a deamon prince, if you do, for the model you could use the sisters of battle Saint Celestine but make her look more bad-ass. Also, if you do want to use this unit, why take warptime? if you take it then you can't use your force weapon if you used bolt of change.

Chosen (9))
Icon of Slaanesh
Flamer x1; Meltagun x2
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster; Power Weapon
Rhino

What is your goal with this unit? You should replace the flamer with a meltagun or replace the meltaguns with flamers. With your chosen its good to specialize their target.

Noise Marines (6)
Blastmaster
Noise Champion

I assume this squad is meant to sit on one of your objectives and blast away, sounds good. (Pun intended)

Khorne Berzerkers (7)
Skull Champion
Power Weapon

Pretty good squad, but please please please consider either taking a powerfist or meltabombs, because otherwise your madmen could fall prey to a dreadnought. A powerfist is also very useful because using it you can instant death enemy commands

Thousand Sons (8)
Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
Rhino

I wouldn't take the bolt of change because this is an anti-tank weapon. If you want to shoot at a tank, then you waste you AP3 bolters. Therefore, consider the regular chaos spell that shoots out some ap3 shots, it complements the AP 3 bolters of the thousand sons

Thousand Sons (8)
Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
Rhino

Landraider
Daemonic Possession
Dozer Blade

Although I wish every one of my landraiders had a dozer blade, its really tough to model on. I would suggest using a big imperial guard dozer blade and using some chains to model it like you can hoist it up

Obliterators (2)

Perhaps take away some of the chosen and use the points to add another obliterator, because 3 obliterators is always better than two.

Obliterators (2)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Tzeentch
Bolt of Change; Warptime

Chosen (9))
Icon of Slaanesh
Flamer x1; Meltagun x2
Aspiring Champion
Sonic Blaster; Power Weapon
Rhino
Can chosen even take sonic blasters? either way, add in at least one more meltagun

Noise Marines (6)
Blastmaster
Noise Champion
Add a rhino, and fire from the safety(and comfort) of the rhino

Khorne Berzerkers (7)
Skull Champion
Power Weapon
Run a PF instead. Has helped me tremendously with my Zerks

Thousand Sons (8)
Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
Rhino
Cool, but swap the Psychic power to Doombolt

Thousand Sons (8)
Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
Rhino
as above

Landraider
Daemonic Possession
Dozer Blade

Obliterators (2)

Obliterators (2)

Not entirely my idea, but my wife’s. She wanted to paint an army, and even though she has no aspirations to play, she wanted me to make an army list that wouldn’t suck (you guys be the judge of that) but could still be painted nicely.

The whole idea is to represent elements from rogue Blood Angel descendants) that have succumbed to various Chaos Gods and joined forces with Fallen Dark Angels. She wants to paint the Slaanesh portions of the army to emphasize hedonistic beauty (think of Sigvald the Magnificent from WHFB).

We plan to use the Ezekiel model for the Sorc., Sanguinary Guard for the Chosen and Noise Marines,
Dark Angels with robes for the Thousand Sons. The ‘Zerkers will be the ‘counts as’ Death Company of BA that succumbed to the Black Rage and I want to make them look like Lamenters or Flesh Tearers that finally lost it.

The Oblits are the hardest part. What I want to use is 3 Space Marines with special weapons standing on a base as if they are a firing team, but it might be hard to do as the Oblit bases are small. And of course any Dark Angels models should be painted in pre-Heresy colors.

Any thoughts? I noticed I made some mistakes, but I wanted to see what the good people of Heresy had to say about this.

Thanks in advance.
So just a few niggly things to change up. As far as the sorcerer, he will do fine. I havnt used a Daemon Prince in a long while, and dont regret it.

My 2 cents
:victory:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
made some changes:

Chaos Sorcerer
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Submission

Chosen (7)
Icon of Slaanesh
Flamer x1; Meltagun x3
Aspiring Champion
Power Weapon
Rhino w/extra armor

Chosen (7)
Icon of Slaanesh
Flamer x1; Meltagun x3
Aspiring Champion
Power Weapon
Rhino w/extra armor

Khorne Berzerkers (7)
Skull Champion
Power Fist

Thousand Sons (8)
Aspiring Sorcerer
Doombolt
Rhino

Thousand Sons (8)
Aspiring Sorcerer
Bolt of Change
Rhino

Landraider
Daemonic Possession

Obliterators (2)

Obliterators (2)

i didn't want to leave a single Lash Prince out in the open, so i decided to keep the Sorc., just changed the mark and the powers.

still, props to Lopspoon, i told my wife the idea of St. Celestine as a DP and she loved it. still even though we have a Sorc. instead of a DP, she still wants to use the model.

we'll just leave her as is and say she's levitating due to the use of her powers.

all the other changes are self evident, and thanks for catching me on the Doombolt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts