Assault squad - (x10) 2x M - 210

Stormraven MM, TWLC, HB - 230

Allies

Belial - TH/SS - 190

Deathwing squad - 2x TH/SS, AC - 250

Land raider crusader - DW, MM - 290

Ravenwing squad - (x6) 2x melta attack bike w/ Multi melta - 236

Total - 1996

Let me know what you think :) just playing around with the models I have available.

All help is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Belial has to be in your Primary Detachment to take Deathwing as Troops (pg.92 DA codex), and Allied Detachments can never be selected as your Primary Detachment(pg.122 BRB). Maybe drop the Land Raider for another Deathwing squad to use dual Combined Arms Detachments?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Angels of death

Librarian - JP - 125
im not to keen on this..as 1 power is not realy going to do much for you..you might as well change him for a captin same points but you get extra wounds and attacks.
Sanguinary guard - Banner, masks, PF - 250

Assault squad - (x10) 2x F, HF - 215
Assault squad - (x10) 2x M - 210
i would try to find some point for sang priests to give these guys FNP they are going to need it
Stormraven MM, TWLC, HB - 230

Allies

Belial - TH/SS - 190

Deathwing squad - 2x TH/SS, AC - 250

Land raider crusader - DW, MM - 290
i can see why your taking this..but with belials deep-strike rule you dont really need it.. as was mentioned could be spent on another squad.
Ravenwing squad - (x6) 2x melta attack bike w/ Multi melta - 236
Total - 1996
the RAS is good but the black nights are better..more or less the same points..but the grenade launcher upgrage and the plasma talons will pack more punch..if you still want the melta and AB or landspeeder will do.
Let me know what you think :) just playing around with the models I have available.
the RAS can proxy for blacknights not a prob.
All help is appreciated, thanks
but as was said you need to change the order of detachment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would this be better?

Belial TH/SS - 190

deathwing squad 2x TH/SS, AC, CML - 275
deathwing squad 2x TH/SS, AC, CML - 275

Deathwing Knights - 235

Land raider crusader DW, MM - 290

Allies

Reclusiarch - 130

death company dreadnought - 125

Death company 2x PA, drop pod - 245

Stormraven TLLC, MM, HB - 230

1995pts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought that too but the codex only states that one DC squad and one DC dreadnought can be chosen in an army (without astorath). and they are troops so it complies with force organization.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
i thought that too but the codex only states that one DC squad and one DC dreadnought can be chosen in an army (without astorath). and they are troops so it complies with force organization.
yes but isnt there something about 1 death company per troop choice? so yuo aoulr have to take a sinlge RAS to get a DC? i haven got a codex handy to read it

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
In terms of Detachments, you're good. I'd still drop the Land Raider for another Deathwing squad and drop the ACs for more TH/SS combos, you're playing a small army and that's the only thing worth blowing up/to shoot at on T1 for all of your opponent's anti armour (specially if they go first). Not to mention, if you don't DS your terminators they may as well not have that fancy rule where they choose when they come in (perfect in conjunction with Pods) and have twin-linked weapons the turn they arrive from DS. DWK count as +1 Toughness when they are all linked together like that and don't scatter with Belial attached, they can basically plop down wherever the hell they like and take a lot with T5 2+/3++ saves.

Curiously, I think (just checked and am about 99.9% sure) that the Death Company's Drop Pod will have Objective Secured while the DC themselves are never scoring units. Use that to your advantage when you drop them in, I lost my last game because a god damned Rhino contested away my objective at the last second.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I

Curiously, I think (just checked and am about 99.9% sure) that the Death Company's Drop Pod will have Objective Secured while the DC themselves are never scoring units. Use that to your advantage when you drop them in, I lost my last game because a god damned Rhino contested away my objective at the last second.
this is correct

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
yes but isnt there something about 1 death company per troop choice?
Nope, sorry but you're wrong. You may include one unit of DC in your army (pg.88 BA dex), and DC dreadnoughts are 1 for every 5 DC in your army (pg.89 BA dex).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looking any better?

Belial TH/SS - 190

deathwing squad 3x TH/SS, AC, CML - 280

Deathwing Knights - 235

Allies

Reclusiarch - 130

Death company 2x PA, drop pod - 245

Stormraven TLLC, MM, HB - 230

1995pts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I think the extra 5 Terminators will work out a lot better for you than a Land Raider will. Not that LRC's aren't awesome, but I'm sure you see where I'm coming from otherwise you wouldn't have made the change. Were it me, I would drop all the ACs from the Terminators (replacing them with TH/SS each of course) and the DC Dreadnought for a 5 man Scout squad and an Inquisitor. I know that this is not to the theme of your army, but Servo Skulls are very worth including in an army that can put 30 DSing models on the table T1. Sniper Scouts in Camo w/ML are 100 points and an Inquisitor would be up to 79 points depending on if you take Rad Grenades (-1 Toughness first round of combat for your enemy) and ML1 (though with no other Psykers if you come up against anything you're likely boned for casting). The Inquisitor stops the squad from being able to Infiltrate, but with a 48" range I don't see the point. I'd probably just take an Ordo Xenos one with Power Sword 3x Skulls, and Rad 'nades for 59 points. 10 points remain from this swap and you're 5 under, why not a Power Fist for your Reclusiarch so that he may punch out anyone who doesn't die to his Crozius. Like I said, I know this isn't exactly a thematic switch but I think it would do wonders for the list. Alternately, you could take a Henchman squad for the Inquisitor and put him in the Stormraven for many less points than the Scout squad. For example, some Acolytes with Hot Shot Lasguns or Crusaders with their Swords and 3++ saves might be a fun time. Battle brothers can embark in each other's Transports (pg.127, BRB) now, so that's something to play around with.

OK, so in this mass of typing I have a potentially better idea to fit these Skulls and Henchmen in. Drop the ACs from the DW and replace with TH/SS on those models nets you 45 points: a 5 man Acolyte squad with Hot Shot Lasguns (AP3, doesn't Get's Hot!) or a 3 man Crusader squad (PS/SS combo each model). You could then drop the HB sponsons on the SR and one DC member for an Inquisitor w/Rad Grenades and 3x Servo Skulls. That way you keep your Dreadnought.

Any of that make sense?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sounds alright that idea ntaw. the servo skulls will most likely work wonders for DW assault. even then, the story could still tie in well -

'an inquisitor is sent to investigate a joint strikeforce of the blood and dark angels, two of the most secretive chapters of the astartes. they come under attack and the inquisitor is forced to delay his investigation. however, he gets to see the death company in action.'

quick question though, can scouts still 'scout' with the inquisitor in the squad or is he running separately?

thanks a lot for all the help

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
does this sound alright then?

Belial TH/SS - 190

deathwing squad 4x TH/SS, CML - 265

Deathwing Knights - 235

Allies

Reclusiarch - 130

Death company (x8) 2x PA, drop pod - 225

Stormraven TLLC, MM - 200

Inquisitor PS, RG, 3x skulls - 59

acolytes (x4) hot shot lasguns - 36

1995pts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
quick question though, can scouts still 'scout' with the inquisitor in the squad or is he running separately?
Unfortunately not, but there is a way for them to still take a Scout move (not to be confused with Infiltrate) via the Liber Heresius. It's a 15 point piece of wargear for the Inquisitor that allows the bearer and his unit a special rule for the duration of the turn. Off the top of my head, Scout it one and Counter-Attack is another. In order to use the book he has to pass a Ld test, the test for Scout is made before T1 but after deployment. Wahoo, you get to redeploy within 12" of your current spot! I have used this model with my BA army attached to a Tactical squad with a Multi Melta: hot damn it got into a good place for T1/2 area denial.

List looks solid, that is definitely one I would play. One of my favourite combinations to play is DW and BA for T1 awesomeness between Drop Pods and Terminators.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Was going to put this one my thread and when my SPace Marine dex comes in I will, have you thought of allying with Imperial Fists, and by Imperial Fists I mean Lysander.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Was going to put this one my thread and when my SPace Marine dex comes in I will, have you thought of allying with Imperial Fists, and by Imperial Fists I mean Lysander.
It's a fun time, though I'm at odds with Lysander. A Captain with TDA, TH, and the Shield Eternal is basically the same thing but with Adamantium Will as opposed to a S10 AP1 TH. I really like the uber smack attack from Lysander (not sure it's worth the 35 point difference), but him and his squad DSing isn't as impressive or survivable as Belial and DWK and adding in a LRC/LRR to move him just eats up too many points for my tastes....not that I don't play IF Hammernators in a LRR myself, but only at 2.5k these days and I head them with a ML2 Libby in TDA.

You could also play a squad of Grey Knight Terminators with an Inquisitor leading them to still get access to Servo Skulls and Stormravens...something I'm very much going to do once their new 'dex is released and I find out if Inquisitors are still available through it. Just so happens I have a box of various GK stuff that was thrown in with a Guard army I bought off a friend and it has 6 Terminators that I plan on bending specifically to that use.

Only other way I know of taking one squad of Terminators as Troops (or at least getting them Objective Secured) is through Tyberos, who would be ripping cool (get it?! :laugh:) coming out of a Stormraven.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
This is a DW/BA/=][= list that I am going to play one day:

Belial - TH/SS

5x man DW squad - PC, 3x TH/SS

5x man DW squad - PC, 3x TH/SS

Librarian - ML2, JP

Furioso - FC, HF, DP

Furioso - FC, HF, DP

Priest - PS, JP

10 man Assault squad - 2x MG, PF, DP

10 man Assault Squad - 2x F, 2x HF

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor - 3x Servo Skulls, ML1, FS

Henchman Warband - 3x Acolytes w/ Hot Shot Lasguns, 3x Psykers

ADL - Comms Relay

Inquisitor and the Warband hang out adding 4 Mastery Level points to me trying to stop my buddy from summoning a couple squads of Pink Horrors, if I can put them on an Objective they will be on one. I don't expect much to come from the HSLs though at least they're AP3, but a S5 AP4 Large Blast ain't so bad as a Psychic Power when it has a 36" range.

As a side note, I just got the idea of royally messing with my buddy's Daemon summoning list by playing an Unbound army featuring the toughest Psykers from each of my collections and the units that help them kill stuff good. Pretty sure I could get in around 15 ML points on a list that would be hilarious to play.

Back to the list, the two DW squads (one fronted by Belial), a Fragioso, and the MG Assault squad all show up T1 assisted by the Servo Skulls. Comms Relay is there pretty much to ban shitty dice rolls from fucking with my other two units in Reserve, though 1's are still a thing. 6 ML points puts me at a good place for being able to Deny the Witch even with Blessings, and also pretty much guarantees the use two powers with the BA libby barring poor dice. I had a Libbynaught roll Invisibility as a power last game I played, dude just roamed the board fucking units up left right and centre and drawing fire until my opponent gave up shooting it. Nothing to bank on, I've only got the two rolls with my Libby...but MAN when you get it!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts