Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoilers available at B&C:
Angels of Caliban (Spoilers) - + THE BLACK LIBRARY + - The Bolter and Chainsword

Curze has really been around the block. He also has conflicts with Vulkan and Dorn in Vulkan Lives and Dark King/Lightning Tower.

I haven't read Angels of Caliban myself. I'm just hoping Gav's prose rises above its typical mediocrity

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Can't wait!! Its been too long since we last saw Curze, i'm dying to see how he escapes Imperium Secundus and goes on to turn the Eastern Fringe into a nightmare.

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
He was a major character in Pharos
He had one scene. That does not make a major character.

Curze hasn't properly appeared in a novel since Unremembered Empire, so i'm really looking forward to seeing him back in action.

LotN

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone got the dramatis personae for this? I have the audio book and am struggling to follow some new names. Thanks.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Finished it over the weekend. Not the best in the series, but not the worst either.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Really want to read it. Real life is getting in the way though, and right now spending money on ebooks just isn't on the priority list, never mind the hardback.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Finished it over the weekend. Not the best in the series, but not the worst either.

I quite enjoyed the book, it didn't crack the Top 10 for me but i'd say it's in the Top 20. For me the highlights were: (Warning, HUGE HUGE spoilers below. Like MEGA-HUGE.)

Also loved it when: (Spoilers again, but not as HUGE as before.)

LotN

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I thought most of Terra already was conquered by the time of the first founding. The Thunder Warriors already having done the brunt of the fighting to conquer most of Terra. Only hold out kingdoms, such as what the nascent Salamanders faced being some of the exceptions.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I thought most of Terra already was conquered by the time of the first founding. The Thunder Warriors already having done the brunt of the fighting to conquer most of Terra. Only hold out kingdoms, such as what the nascent Salamanders faced being some of the exceptions.
That's the official record. Unofficially it seems the First Legion existed a lot longer before the others than we were led to believe. Long enough that they played a real role in the Unification Wars. The Thunder Warriors did the bulk of the fighting it appears, but the Astartes were there too.

LotN

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
If I remember correctly, there's a couple of hints in previous books that wars are still going on on Terra even during the later stages of the Great Crusade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts