Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Honestly I don't know why he is selling. I sent him an email but the response I got was... well, not really lucid to be honest, so I figured to steer well clear from him.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Fucking hell! :shok:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I would post but *screen covered in brain goop*

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Wow . . . that's pretty horrifying.

It really is like an episode of hoarders. I dare say the painting skill all looks about the same which suggests its one strange bastard who is really painting all of this (poorly).

I can't even imagine the type of disposable income which would be required to amass such a Smaug-like mound of warhammer miniatures. There's some Dutch guy who slumbers on a pile of warhammer figures.

The only things I can imagine are:
1) he's wealthy, has a short attention span, and megalomaniacal factors
2) he's a GW manager who buys his own stock to keep his store in business
3) He's a mental case spending his assistance checks on warhammer. (I posit this sadly having worked in a FLGS where the 1st of the month a dude would come in and basically blow his welfare check on comics and collectables. Every month.)
4) maybe it's somebody collecting second hand armies, repainting them and reselling.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Even with all the money I wanted I still would not collect this number of models. Whats the point?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Wow . . . that's pretty horrifying.

It really is like an episode of hoarders. I dare say the painting skill all looks about the same which suggests its one strange bastard who is really painting all of this (poorly).

I can't even imagine the type of disposable income which would be required to amass such a Smaug-like mound of warhammer miniatures. There's some Dutch guy who slumbers on a pile of warhammer figures.

The only things I can imagine are:
1) he's wealthy, has a short attention span, and megalomaniacal factors
2) he's a GW manager who buys his own stock to keep his store in business
3) He's a mental case spending his assistance checks on warhammer. (I posit this sadly having worked in a FLGS where the 1st of the month a dude would come in and basically blow his welfare check on comics and collectables. Every month.)
4) maybe it's somebody collecting second hand armies, repainting them and reselling.
I fear it's number 3.. I tried to contact him once as he also had 5 chapters (Yes chapters i.e. 1000 marines each) + several titans from armorcast and GW for sale, but the responses I got were just downright weird. It is a shame though, seeing as how he treats the models and how little fun he seemed to have had with him.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
You guys have me morbidly curious, what was so weird about his responses?
Well it was mostly incoherent, half sentences through the mail. When I texted him about his earlier stuff I got a reponse that he didn't really know what he wanted with it and that I should come by his house to look at the stuff. Couldn't be arsed at the time but it just gave off a weird vibe .

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Well it was mostly incoherent, half sentences through the mail. When I texted him about his earlier stuff I got a reponse that he didn't really know what he wanted with it and that I should come by his house to look at the stuff. Couldn't be arsed at the time but it just gave off a weird vibe .
Hmmm, probably better for the better then. This indeed looks like a bit of mania to me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
A guy owns that many little plastic toy soldiers, many of which appear to have never been painted or even assembled, and you were surprised that he was a little weird? ;)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hey i am as mad as a cut snake, but jeez louise even if i bought all that guff i would treat it with the respect it deserves. Sounds like a whack job.

·
3,351 Posts
I think this guy is perhaps a modern day witch from Hansel & Gretel. He lures in the gamers with deals on warhammer miniatures then eats them. Watch out if he has some crazy oven for casting or something!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I think this guy is perhaps a modern day with from Hansel & Gretel. He lures in the gamers with deals on warhammer miniatures then eats them. Watch out if he has some crazy oven for casting or something!
:laugh: That would be the most niche serial killer ever.

·
3,351 Posts
And so unhealthy!

It's like junk food x2!

·
Registered
443 Posts
:laugh: That would be the most niche serial killer ever.
.... but thats quite an idea...
No one would ever think of such a motive or a way to murder someone :O
Genius or madman?
Only one way to find out send someone in and see what happens
I wonder if he lives in a creepy house?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Well if you know where and when to sell such things you can make quite a lot of money. I sold my entire collection of Magic: The Gathering Cards for roughly $1,628 USD to a collector looking for cards to resell (specifically all my "Champions of Kamigua" sets."
Some of the more talented nodelists/painters could probably sell there work for lots of money provided they had the time/space/money.

My only quam on these is that they look old....like 3rd/4th Edition old. Only a true 40k collector is going to want to invest in these; and good luck trying to sell a box of random crap(what a horrendous crime against the hobby that is). He should take some more photo's of individual models so that use buyers can judge the quality, age, and wear/tear of the group when making our purchase.

BTW STORMXIR, that is an awesome frick'in photo you found there(the Creepy House)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts