Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the ground did shake with that thunder. How many other people here have read the Dark Tower series? Personally, I think that it was Kings best work. Stephen King is noted for horror, but I do not think these fall into that category. I was so entranced when I picked up the series back in '94, right after book 3 came out. I was frightened when King got hit and almost died, because I thought that the series would not be finished. Anyone else have thoughts about this series?

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Hile, gunslingers.

I was rather happy and in agreement with the ending, actually. And the first book--O Discordia, so potent! So powerful! So, Spiky, we'll have to disagree there...

Later books could have use some judicious editing (The Wizard and Glass--large chunks of it--and the build-up in Wolves of the Calla, f'rinstance), but the series as a whole is an awe-inspiring achievement of warped metaphysics, even when taken in hand with

So, all in all, well worth it! It makes The Stand look like a child's light reading, with passing, transitory themes.

Long days and pleasant nights to all of you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts