Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
screw guard models, they'd be awesome for there intended purpose, converting something that good would be sacrilege.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
They do have some beautiful models.

Depends waht they look like size comparison wise, but I can see people using the heads for marines. Personally I'd rather use them in warhammer historical.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
you can't really combine victrix parts with GW parts that well anyway, since victrix is 28mm and GW is whatever mm they feel like this week in heroic scale.

for example with there french soldiers you could get away with using the heads on guard bodies, or doing allot of work replacing the muskets with lasguns (you'll have to keep the hands though), but you can't really combine much else, and I'd imagine the same with these.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
screw guard models, they'd be awesome for there intended purpose, converting something that good would be sacrilege.
Why 40k? Surely WFB would be more suggestable?
obviously, they are generally excellent Spartan Hoplites, and would be really good for any appropriate ancient battles game. however, more people play 40k than any other game, and so if i can give the news a 40k spin (like emphasising the fact that they would make for an great IG company if converted), then there are likely to get a lot more of the exposure they deserve.

i agree, if i wanted an ancient greek army, this would be my first port of call. but i'd also be really excited to play against a 40k army converted from these.

Never mind the hoplites, the Old Guard Chauser models on there would make a much cheaper option as First Born than the GW metals.
either the Chaussers or the Grenadiers. when the models were first released there where a lot of people suggesting the same thing, but i haven't yet seen anyone carry through on the idea and create an army.

personally, i'm really excited about the new wave of multi-part plastic kits that are being released at the moment. things like these Victrix models, the Pike & Shotte range from Warlord Games, the Hammer of the Gods or Zulu Wars ranges from Wargames factory, the ACW or War of the Roses ranges from Perry Miniatures and the new WWII Germans from Bolt Action.

GW has totally dominated the multi-part plastic market for a very long time, and i think we, as consumers have grown very complacent. we've put up with poor value for money, because the only things we've had to compare are expensive metals or extremely poor quality kits from more traditional companies.

whilst i realise that being historical rather than fantasy, companies like the above aren't in direct competition, i seriously hope that the incredible value (40 Royalists for £18/ 52 Napoleonic British Infantry for £19.95/ 32 Viking Huscarls for £19.95/ 36 ACW Infantrymen for £15) will seriously make people think again about where they spend their money. i hope it encourages people to branch out and try something new. adding both variety to our table tops and a bit of healthy competition to the market place.

i for one would like to see an end to plastic mansized infantry costing £1 per man or more, irrespective of the game system.

you can't really combine victrix parts with GW parts that well anyway
agreed. it won't be a simple conversion. however, i don't see that as a reason not to try. the end result will be spectacular if done correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts