Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Yesterday I was bored and decided to repaint the GD loyal Sgt/Capt. they'd given about... 2, 3 or 4 years, I don't remember. I've painted this mini about 5 times but never with a satisfactory result.

Anyways, here you have it, pics from this morning and one with his previous painting.

old one:

Coments, crits, suggestions and questions very welcome :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
if hes loyal how come his face looks all mutated?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Might of gotten burnt. But MArines heal way to fast to leave scars

·
Searching for Vulkan
2,755 Posts
that is a chaos marine, no doubt about it. the armour is the same as a plastic tac marine from the chaos legions. The melted face is a mutation

·
Registered
246 Posts
What is wrong with people?

If he wants to paint it as a loyal marine with a burned face, it's a bloody loyal marine with a burned face.

Maybe you can paint it wearing salvaged armour from fallen Chaos enemies, kind of like the Space Wolves 13th company?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Shoulda left the face burned, despite what people think. They're your marines, and you can do whatever you want. Don't let randoms from the internet tell you what you should/shouldn't do with your own models.

I'd totally accept an army of slightly de-chaos'd chaos marines as a loyalist army if they were painted to the standards of AM's work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pirate Metal Troy: Yeh but, you know, if I ask people what they think and then, do wathever I want... is something like despising their opinions.

Anyways, here you guys have the final photos of this model, finished about 15 mins ago. I made his face less paled with red and purple 'beladuras' (I don't know the name in english srry), finished details and added salt in his base. Something like an entire world of salt (like the one's in Dark Apostle novel).

Turn tu shut up and show something :laugh:

Thx everyone who gave me support and encouragement :eek:k: Feel free to coment and critizice.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think it's salt. Handy if you feel like fish and chips.

Nice job on the model. I particularly like the armour I think it's been done really well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I really like the paint scheme. He still looks very chaos-like to me. The thing is with chaos marines is that there are a LOT of small things that show their true colors. The triangle shapes on the pauldron, the gaping mouth on the bolt pistol round exit, the studs on his glove, the dragon heads on the backpack, etc. I've found it very difficult to make CSM's look loyal... It's easier for me to turn normal space marines against the Emperor. :)

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
I really like the paint scheme. He still looks very chaos-like to me. The thing is with chaos marines is that there are a LOT of small things that show their true colors. The triangle shapes on the pauldron, the gaping mouth on the bolt pistol round exit, the studs on his glove, the dragon heads on the backpack, etc. I've found it very difficult to make CSM's look loyal... It's easier for me to turn normal space marines against the Emperor. :)
But CSM dont have purity seals, check out the bottom pic!
I really like the tarnished bronze look you managed to get, looks great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts