Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Well, this thread kept me entertained for 20 minutes.

I'll just throw out that since we can observe homosexual behaviour in other species, it's a pretty certain bet that homosexuality as a genetic trait predates the written language (by millions of years), and therefore any religion, ceremony, or name you might give marriage.

To say that "straight people got there first" is like saying "white people got there first" as an argument against black people being allowed to marry in the same churches as white people. I would hope that in this day and age, most people would agree that having a slightly different genetic code to someone else (black, homosexual, disabled) isn't a reason to deny them human rights i.e. the pursuit of happiness, as laid out in the American Declaration of Independence.

One of my coworkers is directly affected by this, as she is married to an American woman, but was unable to migrate to America to live with her due to being British and therefore being unable to gain a green card. This ruling means she is well on her way to ending her 5-year estrangement on the other side of the Atlantic from the person she loves.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
I'll just throw out that since we can observe homosexual behaviour in other species, it's a pretty certain bet that homosexuality as a genetic trait predates the written language (by millions of years), and therefore any religion, ceremony, or name you might give marriage.
I believe to have read somewhere that all animals are bisexual actually. The terms homosexual and heterosexual was invented by man, for reproductive purposes.

Need proof? Deny any animal sex for a couple of months and they will hump any living specimen of their own species that they can find. They don't give a crap! :p

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Please don't judge every same-sex couple based on one lunatic case. If we were to do the same all around, then the following would be true:

- Straight couples shouldn't have kids, as they teach them to hate anything that isn't according to modern society norms.
- People in trailerparks shouldn't have kids, as they lie, steal and make moonshine at the age of 5.
- People who play Warhammer shouldn't have kids, as the kids will most likely choke on small parts.
- Religious people shouldn't have kids, as they brainwash them, denying them free will.

Etc. etc. You see where I'm coming from?

(Note: The above is meant in humor, not in spite. They do not reflect my general views on either of the groups in question. If you take it seriously, you are stupid.)
Doesn't change my opinion.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Doesn't change my opinion.
What about the fact that it has nothing to do with having gay parents?
That Gender Identity Disorder is a legitimate medical condition?
That children of heterosexual couples have it?
That children with GID who don't get proper therapy can end up mutilating themselves?
And that NOBODY IS GIVING THAT LITTLE BOY A SEX CHANGE?
They're delaying puberty so that he has time to THINK ABOUT if he really WANTS a sex change.
The process of delaying onset of puberty is both safe and completely reversible and has been used for dealing with this sort of thing for over 20 years.
How is giving the kid time to think about if this is what he really wants a bad thing?

Does any of that put a dent in your opinion, Jez?
I love you, mate, but you read a hack article slanted to gin up outrage without bothering to read up on the actual facts of it.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts