Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys i think this will need C+C this is a GT list no comp 1850 ... Bottems up!

Ghazkull
Mek With Kustom Force Field, Eavy Armor and Cybork

30 shoota boyz, nob with PK

10 grots, runtmaster

11 kommandos, 2 burnas + snikrot

3 kans, rokkits
3 kans, rokkits
3 kans, rokkits

i would wall the kans up front, all the boyz behind, snikky from the rear and pop the gahzz waaagh for the suprise 18 inch threat range from all the boys.

·
Registered
221 Posts
hi guys i think this will need C+C this is a GT list no comp 1850 ... Bottems up!
What?:shok:

So the concept sounds interesting. But you’re also mixing concepts between a Ghaz run list and a Killer Kan Wall list, which I think could cause issues. If you do use it please let us know how it goes.

I think that if you plan on running your boyz and kans using shoota boys isn’t what you want. Running sacrifices your shooting phase so shoota boyz don’t get to do what they are suppose to which is shoot and change instead all they get is run then charge, which means you should just take choppa boyz instead. If all you’re trying to do is to quickly get them within shooting range so you can shoot/move each turn until you can assaulted then Ghaz’s wagg really serves no purpose, because you can do this with out ghaz by just running each turn. Also Ghaz has no transport or any like friends to move around with so either he’s going to get shot dead before he can declare the wagg because he’s by him self, or else the unit he’s with will be slow and purposeful and he’ll never see combat.

Also I might be wrong but I think a killer Kan wall slowly moves toward the foe and doesn’t run, in order to keep one uniform front, but then again this also depends on how you guys play, wither you can do all your run roles at once or if you have to do them one at a time. My group does the later so you can always just move the shortest distance, if you do the same the this point is mute, but if your group makes your role your runs one at a time then you need to read this point. Because running is random you could very well have your kans run faster than the mek meaning they’ll lose the KFF protection, and you’re line will get all kinds of jagged leaving holes where your opponent can get line of sight on your boyz.

Also, I know you’re trying something different, but only one BiK Mek w/ KFF is not enough to do a proper killer kan wall because you don’t have enough KFF coverage. At least one kan group will always be out of range of the KFF but more than likely only one kan group will actually be in range, keep in mind that terrain can break your blob of units up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts