Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Hydra has Skyfire, which is nice but what if there are no flyers? Someone told me since it doesn't have interceptor that it snap shoots at ground troops...can someone clarify this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
959 Posts
The Hydra has Skyfire, which is nice but what if there are no flyers? Someone told me since it doesn't have interceptor that it snap shoots at ground troops...can someone clarify this?

Thanks!
Skyfire allows you to shoot at full BS at Fliers, Skimmers and FMCs. But everything else is snapshots.

Interceptor + Skyfire no longer allows you to fire at your normal BS when firing at any target since the start of 7th edition. So if you have both, you're still fire snap shots at ground targets.

·
Registered
959 Posts
From what I have seen, Wyverns are quite accurate, being twin linked and because of that and Shred, will force a lot of wounds.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I would recommend to return the others, just because you already have it magnetized, where you can swap it out and play as the wyvern for a few games to see if it is worth buying a second for.

I don't really care for one myself but then again I play platoon guard, so I have lots of mortars and stuffs.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Wyverns are pretty ace against squishy units hiding in cover, and on anti-horde patrol. 4 twin-linked ignores cover small blasts with shred... if your opponent clusters his squads anywhere, that's going to lay down some pain. Or if you Tank Shock any of your opponent's squads into a tight cluster. Or if they assault one of your non-walker vehicles so don't get a Consolidation move, thanks to not having been locked in base to base contact with it. Great for clearing Pathfinders, Daemon of Nurgle, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts