Khan
5xTac, combi-melta, razorback
5xTac, combi-melta, razorback
6xAssault Term, all TH/SS, crusader
5xSternguard, combi-meltax2, multimelta, combi-flamer, rhino
5xSternguard, combi-meltax2, multimelta, combi-flamer, rhino
5xVeterans (command squad), plasmagunx4, rhino
=1500pts

My notion is that bikes are fast enough to not need outflank, whereas what you really want are outflanking, furious charging, hit-and-running TH/SS termies; in a land raider. Of course the initiative won't help them, but they will be strength 9. There's no long-range anti-tank because the concept is to be hitting side-armour and/or up close.

Flaws are manifold. Units might arrive at stupid times. I might inconveniently fail my 2/3rds chances to get the table edge I want. All my plasma-guns might get hot, and I might fail my FNPs.

Thoughts/corrections?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also when you apply the furious charge bonus to strength, games workshop uses order of operations, you apply multipliers before you add. So a model with Furious charge and a thunder hammer would strike at strength 9 not 10. 4(Base) * 2(thunder hammer)+1(furious charge) = 9
Drats. I figured that the furious charge had to be applied either before or after other modifications: so the options looked like either S10 I1, or S9 I2. As you correctly point out GW applies the worst of both worlds: S9 I1. That isn't important to the list, anything over 8 can pen. every AV in the game.

I know what you mean about the Tacs. Alas for not having all those cheeky SW exploits to call on, but unless the tac squads get to 10-man it is either that or PF. I wanted something that could hurt mech and MC.

The Termies are a rock at around 500pts (with the Crusader): they are a big piece of a 1500pt list. Removing them is good advice, but I am underwhelmed by Assault marines. I wonder if I could fit both another Tac with Razorback and another Sternguard... ? Possibly also add one man to each other squad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts