Khan
5xTac, combi-melta, razorback
5xTac, combi-melta, razorback
6xAssault Term, all TH/SS, crusader
5xSternguard, combi-meltax2, multimelta, combi-flamer, rhino
5xSternguard, combi-meltax2, multimelta, combi-flamer, rhino
5xVeterans (command squad), plasmagunx4, rhino
=1500pts

My notion is that bikes are fast enough to not need outflank, whereas what you really want are outflanking, furious charging, hit-and-running TH/SS termies; in a land raider. Of course the initiative won't help them, but they will be strength 9. There's no long-range anti-tank because the concept is to be hitting side-armour and/or up close.

Flaws are manifold. Units might arrive at stupid times. I might inconveniently fail my 2/3rds chances to get the table edge I want. All my plasma-guns might get hot, and I might fail my FNPs.

Thoughts/corrections?

·
Registered
316 Posts
My concern is your squad size for every thing that is not you termies. I never really had any luck with squads of guys only being 5 guys.

combi-weapons being your only special weapon in the tac squad is pretty rough.

At 1500 pts i am not one to run termies either. I would suggest a squad of 7 to 8 assault marines with a rhino instead of jump packs. Since you intend to send the Khan with this squad.

also when you apply the furious charge bonus to strength, games workshop uses order of operations, you apply multipliers before you add. So a model with Furious charge and a thunder hammer would strike at strength 9 not 10. 4(Base) * 2(thunder hammer)+1(furious charge) = 9

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also when you apply the furious charge bonus to strength, games workshop uses order of operations, you apply multipliers before you add. So a model with Furious charge and a thunder hammer would strike at strength 9 not 10. 4(Base) * 2(thunder hammer)+1(furious charge) = 9
Drats. I figured that the furious charge had to be applied either before or after other modifications: so the options looked like either S10 I1, or S9 I2. As you correctly point out GW applies the worst of both worlds: S9 I1. That isn't important to the list, anything over 8 can pen. every AV in the game.

I know what you mean about the Tacs. Alas for not having all those cheeky SW exploits to call on, but unless the tac squads get to 10-man it is either that or PF. I wanted something that could hurt mech and MC.

The Termies are a rock at around 500pts (with the Crusader): they are a big piece of a 1500pt list. Removing them is good advice, but I am underwhelmed by Assault marines. I wonder if I could fit both another Tac with Razorback and another Sternguard... ? Possibly also add one man to each other squad.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Powerfists and there Equivalents, i.e THammers always Strike at I1, regardless of other modifiers - such as FC.

If you're not outflanking, and have Khan on foot, you'll benefit more from having Vulkan, and taking his Chapter Tactics as well. Take 4 Tham Terms, and 2 LC Terms, in a unit, and you'll have;

hit and Running Terminators, with 4 S7 Power Weapon, 5 S5 Instant-Death-On-A-6 Power Weapon, 8 S5 Reroll to wound Power Weapon, and 8 S9 Stunning Attacks.

Also, always max out your tacticals, then combat squad if you feel the need to run them in Razorbacks.

Sternguard shouldn't be taking MM's - they can't move and fire, and they're losing their special ammo. Personally, the list doesn't need them - another land Raider will add more to the list - either taking fire away from the bikes, or surviving to put the Terminator Death Squad into Assault - Alternatively, a couple of Vindicators will deal more damage in the long run, they're scary mofo's.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts