rhino

---

fangs x6
5x missiles

preaditor
lass cannon side sponsons
extra armour

total 1499

now the wolf lords are running with the iron priest's, i gave them fenrisian wolves for extra wounds. one group of fangs and a pread, not a lot of target saturation but now i have some lass and i still have missiles. i added mark to the grey hunters, i hope to keep them out of cc but if it's an objective mission i might be hard pressed to do so, i feel mark will make up for the lower number and add rending for some threat. and since the lords aren't joined to the priests that gives me the ability to have 4 pretty assaulty units. i will probably keep them together but im not going to throw a wolf lord against a defiler if it can be helped, which is nice. and with the grey hunters still sporting the double melta i feel i have enough to counter act armor.

·
Registered
324 Posts
as I wrote in your other thread, the lords can't ride with the iron priests. I'd include a unit of fenrisian wolves to run the 2 lords forward and act as fodder until you get close, then the lords can split and assault 2 different targets. a unit of 10 FW will only run you 80 points, so you should be able to find room for them somewhere.

Also I don't like the predator. if you want some las, find some points to turn your hunters' rhinos into las/plas razorbacks, but you should be fine with missile launchers for de-meching and your melta plus eventually your S10 cavalry to deal with bigger stuff.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as I wrote in your other thread, the lords can't ride with the iron priests. I'd include a unit of fenrisian wolves to run the 2 lords forward and act as fodder until you get close, then the lords can split and assault 2 different targets. a unit of 10 FW will only run you 80 points, so you should be able to find room for them somewhere.

Also I don't like the predator. if you want some las, find some points to turn your hunters' rhinos into las/plas razorbacks, but you should be fine with missile launchers for de-meching and your melta plus eventually your S10 cavalry to deal with bigger stuff.

they can't be joined to the unit but they can run where ever i want them. just because they aren't joined together doesn't mean i cant have them grouped together.

yeah i rethought it and im thinking it should go. 120 points could be another squad of 5 fangs and a 5 point upgrade. ill revise it.

wolf lord
thunder wolf mount
belt of russ
frost blade
saga of the wulfkin
1x fenrisian wolf

wolf lord
thunder wolf mount
storm shield
frost blade
wolf tail talisman
2x fenrisian wolves

---

iron priest
wolf tooth necklace
cyber wolf x4

iron priest
wolf tooth necklace
cyber wolf x4

wolf guard x3
combi melta x3

---

grey hunter x5
MotW
melta
rhino

grey hunter x5
MotW
melta
rhino

grey hunter x5
melta
las plas RB

---

fangs x5
4x missiles

fangs x5
4x missiles

thats 1499

dropped the pread and downed the fangs by one missile. added a second group of fangs, switched from a rhino to a las plas RB on one of the hunters and gave a lord a wolf tail talisman. looks good to me.
thanks 43

also i thought the answer to the meaning of life was 42, are the answers to space wolf questions "43"?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think it looks much better now, but I'd still try to squeeze a unit of FW somewhere. If you remove the MOTW from the GH squads and the 3 personal FWs you can get a squad of 7, 8 if you drop the WTT from the one lord. that way you have 3 scary cav units running up the table and then the lords can split so you can assault 4-5 different things. you shouldn't be needing the MOTW anyway since if they're assaulting your GHs one of 2 things happened: either all your cavalry is dead and you're all demeched, in which case you're going to lose, or they demeched you and assaulted your GHs before dealing with your cavalry in which case you counter charge and smash face.

oh, and it's 43 because I one-upped douglas adams :victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts