Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alpharius & Omegron VS. Horus (pre hh)

Alpharius and horus engage one another in combat, the fight takes place in the bridge of a battleship. Alpharius was sent by the emperor to kill horus for some reason or another.

Alpharius makes it to the bridge where he engages horus in combat to the death. The rest of the ship is occupied with alpha legion vs sons of horus soldiers.

Each primarch gets their armor, and weapons, as well as accesories of preference.

They start at opposite ends of the bridge room.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Alpharius and horus engage one another in combat, the fight takes place in the bridge of a battleship. Alpharius was sent by the emperor to kill horus for some reason or another.

Alpharius makes it to the bridge where he engages horus in one vs one combat to the death. The rest of the ship is occupied with alpha legion vs sons of horus soldiers.

Each primarch gets their armor, and weapons, as well as accesories of preference.

They start at opposite ends of the bridge room.
Good, good for them :p

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Is there suppose to be a question here?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well...I gues horus is a badass in the combat department...I always viewed horus as average in all stats, and what made him special was that he was balanced in all stats and used them in conjunction with one another rather then just relying on one strength.

That and I thought since alpharius could dodge bolter fire from horus he was faster then him....

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I like to think that Alpharius had amongst the fastest reflexes of the Primarchs because he could dodge Bolt Shells to a degree but then again we never find out if the other Primarchs could do so as well.

In Raven Flight Corax is of the opinion that against a rampaging Angron only Horus or Sanguinius could possibly defeat the Lord of the World Eaters- that certainly suggest Horus Lupercal was an extraordinary close combatant even by Primarch standards.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Except he was beaten by both sang and Russ in duels I believe.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That's some thing I would like to talk about, and hear your thoughts on it....

In that book corax states he believes only horus or sang could possibly defeat angron....yet in another source horus himself states he views three above him in the arts of combat due to never being able to best them. It was taking about how horus had trained every primarch in the theatre of war, except kurze and that of all those he trained only 3 (or was it four?) Bested him in combat, sang, russ, angron? And I forget the fourth if there was a fourth. Also have to keep in mind kurze/haunter may have been better then horus as well in combat but states he never trained him so don't know....

And....dorn states the only primarch which has ever bested him in combat was kurze and that is why he fears him...not horus or anyone else...

My point being, that the role of best combatant, and so forth was different to every primarch, dependent upon their perception and paradigm.

Which is why I think alpharius could kill horus with speed and reflex.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Speed is nice but Horus has a one up on him in size and strength and we can't assume that his reflexes were slower since we have nothing to base that on.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For the reflexs....it was horus who with his own gun was shooting at alpharius, and alpharius in turn was dodging his bullets as he made his way towards horus to get in melee range of him to dispatch presumably.

This took place when alpharius and his group of followers boarded horus ship and made their way to the bridge...horus immediatey put rounds through his followers heads, but alpharius dodged and made his way to horus even as horus continued to fire at alpharius.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
yes but Horus proly thought Alpharius a regular human not even on the level of a space marine let alone a brother primarch.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
With Alpharius only being half of a whole, wouldn't that put him at a disadvantage? The 'two bodies, one soul' thing; does it affect him physically, making him and his brother less strong than the other Primarchs, or are the twins exactly as powerful as the others, just with the soul thing going on?

Isn't Alpharius the smallest of the Primarchs? Then there is also the fact that he is all about subterfuge and deception. He always tried to put his enemies off-balance, to grab their attention and then hit them from an unexpected angle, reducing their effectivness. In a straight-up, knock-down, drag-out fight with someone bigger than him, and just as Primarch-y, then I reckon he would come off worst. However, if Alpharius is grabbing Horus' attention whilst Omegon sneaks up behind, then we might get more of a fair fight that the twins could win.

GFP

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The rest hit him? I've heard their is multiple sourcess stating differing events in regards to that. One says he dodged all while another states he dodged only the first?

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
This is a poor match up by any standards. Its often cited the best one on one combatants between the Primarchs are Sanguineous, Angron, Horus and maybe Russ. Alphaerious might be able to dodge a Bolter shot but that is not going to help him against Horus in and great way.

Aramoro

·
Registered
194 Posts
I agree that for a match worth watching it'd have to be Alpharius and Omegon vs Horus. They are both Primarch of the Alpha Legion, so in a Primarch vs Primarch fight, they should both be there.

The Alpha Legion, and their Primarch(s) modus operandi were covert ops and subterfuge, in a straight up fight they were very likely to be at a disadvantage, especially against an opponent who is widely considered to be one the best close combat practitioners amongst the Primarchs.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
For the reflexs....it was horus who with his own gun was shooting at alpharius, and alpharius in turn was dodging his bullets as he made his way towards horus to get in melee range of him to dispatch presumably.

This took place when alpharius and his group of followers boarded horus ship and made their way to the bridge...horus immediatey put rounds through his followers heads, but alpharius dodged and made his way to horus even as horus continued to fire at alpharius.
Firstly the Index Astartes article states that he dodged the first bolt shell fired by Horus, but endured the rest. That is of course assuming that tale actually happened, it was part of the Alpha Legion's history 'uncovered' by Inquisitor Kravin, widely regarded to be a member of the Cult of the Hyrda himself, therefore its quite possible, perhaps even likely that the tale we were fed in the Index Astartes was tampered with at best, a complete fabrication at worst.

In regards to the actual duel, Horus would pulverise Alpharius if the scenario was simply a physical duel. I highly doubt Alpharius would have allowed such a thing to happen though if he was sent by the Emperor to kill Horus, he would have manipulated events to prevent him ever having to face Horus in a duel, and bring about Lupercal's demise by another method.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts