Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 1500 point list. Please feel free to make sweeping changes as I am far from done getting this army together. I don't know where I'm going to get all those Melta Guns anyway.

10x Chaos Space Marines, Aspiring Champion, Power Fist, Icon of Chaos Glory, Melta Gun x2, Rhino (255 points)

10x Chaos Space Marines, Aspiring Champion, Power Fist, Icon of Chaos Glory, Melta Gun x2, Rhino (255 points)

5x Chosen Space Marines, Meltagun x5, Rhino (175 points)
I like the idea of Chosen infiltrating. I often see them in Rhinos limiting them to outflanking moves. I have followed suit and gone with a rhino. If you could offer advice on infiltrating I would like to hear it.

5x Chosen Space Marines, Meltagun x5, Rhino (175 points)

Daemon Prince, Wings, Warptime (155 points)

Obliterator (xx points)
He feels a little lost

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Don't quote me, but If chosen are a rhino, i think they loose their infiltrate.
Besides that, it looks like a good list. A close range army, but still a good list. The only thing I can see is you army has the potential to op before accomplish much. This is because if you opponent fires his heavy weapons at your rhinos, you pretty screwed. You don't have and long range support to take out his heavy's.

This is just something that I don't like, but I think that melta spamming is kinda...crude? Can't think of a word, but I sorta frown of melta spamming.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Yeah it's kinda pointless, You have to sorta Leave the Rhino ticking with the keys in it, Kinda pointless, I'd saying if your gonna Infiltrate don't take a rhino, Because you wont use it.

So i'd say free up 70 points and drop the Chosen's Rhino....

Like someone Previously said... I don't really like the list, but i couldn't tell you why. Not even for Melta-Spamming, So i don't know.

Play-test it, and tell us how it works.

But then again, people suggest to play test EVERY list, and not a single person does. So your call.

Rot.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could drop a squad of Chosen to add more oblits.
I would like to use predators but they don't seem to be all that competative.
Would you suggest outfitting my troops differently?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
if Infiltrating the Chosen definitely give up the rhinos, that's just a kill point in the corner waiting to happen.

personally, when Infiltrating with Chosen, i prefer heavy weapons: give the Las Cannons, just two per squad and your opponent will be drawn to that like flies to poop in attempts to kill them.

give the an icon if you can.

with the free points, take more Oblits and/or Summoned Daemons. just don't take a single Oblit, that does stick oddly.

good hunting.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'd say out flank with the rhino, you can come on and have a 28" effective range on the melta guns to unleash melty death, (particularly effective agaisnt battle suits, it causes instant death and they probably won't have more than 2 sheild drones) 22 of those inches will be in 2d6 armor pen range, so its not a bad idea

But I don't normally use mechanized lists so can you disembark after moving 12"?

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
Try this:

HQ
• Daemon Prince
– Wings; Warptime
155 points

ELITES
• 5 Chosen
- Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns
150 points
• 5 Chosen - Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns
150 points

TROOPS
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino
243 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 meltaguns; Rhino
256 points
• 7 Plague Marines - Plague Champion with powerfist; 2 flamers; Rhino
246 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 2 Obliterators

150 points
• 2 Obliterators
150 points

TOTAL:
1,500 points

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm trying to stick with normal Chaos Space Marines to make them as Alpha Legiony as possible. Here is what I'm thinking now.

5x Chosen Space Marines, Lascannon, Icon of Chaos Glory (135 points)

5x Chosen Space Marines, Lascannon, Icon of Chaos Glory (135 points)

2x Obliterators (150 points)

2x Obliterators (150 points)

Lascannon Chosen use infiltrate to get some first turn transport kills. Their Icons get my oblits into a good firing position for more heavy weapons harassment, before my marines and Daemon Prince mop up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts