Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just started to paint my Alpha Legion army and I have two questions:

1. What should I draw on the right shoulder pad of my chaos marine if I want to mark sergeants, veterans or members of assault and tactical squads? Iconography from Codex Astartes won't do for such a U-haters like Aplha.

2. What about using pre-herecy A-with-chain symbol for my CSM army? Alpha Legion used both A-symbol and Hydra during the time of the Great Crusade, can they still use them both fighting against loyal chapters?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ten thousand years without repainting armor to match the new heraldry is a big ask, regarding the chained A symbol. however, if you can come up with a reason why, then why not?

Chaos Marines get very personal with their armor. an assault veteran would probably paint some kill markings or something similar on their armor, a havoc might do blast symbols on his armor, and veterans might paint markings to represent campaigns they've been on.

even better, make your Icon Bearers as banners for the Aspiring Champion, with a list of all the stuff he's done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ten thousand years without repainting armor to match the new heraldry is a big ask, regarding the chained A symbol. however, if you can come up with a reason why, then why not?
It could be Alpha obscure alignment making them to wear their old heraldry after thousand years of Excommunocate. Maybe using of the chained A along with Hydra testifies their loyalty not to the Emperor but to the humankind itself, who can say?

Chaos Marines get very personal with their armor. an assault veteran would probably paint some kill markings or something similar on their armor, a havoc might do blast symbols on his armor, and veterans might paint markings to represent campaigns they've been on.
even better, make your Icon Bearers as banners for the Aspiring Champion, with a list of all the stuff he's done.
Sounds interesting. I think that Alpha guys prefer draw kill marks on their shoulders and bolters instead of wearing ripped off heads all over their armor like other Chaos warbands do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts