Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I was wondering if it is still acceptable to field a warriors of chaos army with a small element of beastmen allies???

This way I can get the style of nits I am looking for in my army.

If I am able to would I have to field a mini army say 500 points or choose whatever I want)??

Thanks

Andrew

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
I don't play much fantasy, but I don't think the allies system exists in normal games. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

However, your gaming friends might not care if you want to do this. I can't see it breaking the game or anything, really.

I'd love to have some Warriors of Chaos with my Daemons, come to think of it...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, the only reason I asked is I thought. I read it somewhere in the rule book a while ago.

I'm going to have to big it out and re read the ??md thing

·
Registered
992 Posts
Interestingly as @Dave T Hobbit says they are part of the rules, but seem to be completely ignored by the WFB gaming community.

Alternatively you could also look at the Triumph and Treachery ruleset for the mercenaries rules for adding beastmen.

Finally, there is always "counts as"...just use the beastmen models as your marauders in your Warriors of Chaos army.

In friendly play, the first two options should never really be an issue unless your friends are real D-bags, but in competitive play you will probably have to go the "counts as" route...and even then you often have to clear those kind of deviations with TOs beforehand.

**edit** - There is also the Tamurkhan book from Forgeworld, that i believe has an old-style chaos united list in it with Chaos Dwarves, Warriors, Daemons, and Beastman all together in it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, this is really useful.

#I was planing to use marauder models converted to count as Gors ( able to have 2 hand weapons) be be Beserkers in my Norse them army and Ungor Raiders as Marauders armed bows in the skirmished formation.

These would fit right in, in my Norse themed army

what you think?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
**edit** - There is also the Tamurkhan book from Forgeworld, that i believe has an old-style chaos united list in it with Chaos Dwarves, Warriors, Daemons, and Beastman all together in it.

This. In that book, they have the rules for playing a 'Great Host of Chaos'... Basically this is the sort of thing that Archaeon (or however you spell him) might be leading. It's fun rules, and I've considered making one myself, actually. It lets you play a 'primary' army of WoC, DoC, or Beastmen, and then add in models from those three plus the Chaos Dwarves that are in that book. Depending on the God that your lord is dedicated to, you get benefits for matched marks, penalties for opposing gods, etc.

Honestly, I really want to make one of these using Be'Lakor to represent his role as the first EverChosen, taking back his title. I'm just a bigger fan of WoC than the rest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts