Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I have been having a look at the rules for allies with the Chaos Daemons army, to see who I could team up with potentially, while I do not have the book, the GW site does have some info on it and I found this PDF

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1180099_Apocalypse_Allies_Chart.pdf

It only says "Chaos", does that mean that it includes Chaos Space Marines and Chaos Daemons as one? and that I can ally with the rest of the armys its compatible with in the list?

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
This is the allies matrix for Apocalypse. Technically there are no rules for allies in the standard game anymore(aparrently with the online codexes for WH and DH the allies rule has be abolished). Obviously for doubles games there are no real rules but this matrix is a good guide for what is fluffy.
With regards the Chaos Question, yes demons and CSM are on the chart as the same entry. Mix them at will fluffwise.
Of course my traitor guard hang out with demons and csm's all the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awsome, its good to know!

I like to keep it fluffy, some storytelling why and how things happen in a battle is allways an incentive :D

Thanx for the info!

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
You could conceivably ally Chaos Daemons with Imperial Guard as Traitor Guard as well. That would be quite fluffy. The Guard Army roll up then summon daemons from the warp to help them.

Aramoro

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Or if not just play the "corrupted" or "possessed" cards and ally with whomever, it really is easy in apocalypse to get a legitimate fluff reason for armies to work on the same side. In the "fluff" section there was even a discussion giving valid reasons for necrons and tyranids allying with other armies - and if they can do it anyone can!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts