Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm relatively new to this whole Warhammer thing, so I was wondering about something...

One of my friends always takes a unit of Grey Knight Terminators whenever he plays his Blood Angels, which I know is kosher from the Daemonhunters book. What I'm wondering about is the fact that they keep telling me to apply the same rule between my Chaos Marines and my Daemons, with the same FOC restrictions. I was just wondering if that was based on an actual official ruling somewhere, or just a very common house rule, or if it's just my friends being nice?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Well, it was their idea anyway, so I won't complain. I'll just try not to depend on it too much so I can still handle playing with people outside our little circle. ;-)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Before the current Chaos Marine and Chaos Daemon codices, they were in the same book, but if your mate's using Grey Knight Terminators, add in a Chaos Dreadnaught, they're cheap and can hold up Grey Knight termies for a good few turns.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm a newish player... so Grey Knight Terms can be used with blood angles (I assume as elites) or with any Codex Marines? Is this a common practice or canon rule? Just very curious... thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
is this true for all imperial forces? is there a point limit for allies? I own the main rule book and the SM Codex... is there a page number I can be directed to? I just have never heard anything about using allies as part of a standard rule set... the idea is very intriguing.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lol, i hope they still use allies in the new codex when its released.
I use my IG as connon fodder and objective taking, plus the vanquisher comes in handy.
I have played a few GK only games and though good against Pys units i had issues against SM due to the fact that points wise GK are outragiously expensive in comparsion to the New SM codex. Hence the use of the IG really helped as they have a wider seletion of heavy weapons.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
is this true for all imperial forces? is there a point limit for allies? I own the main rule book and the SM Codex... is there a page number I can be directed to? I just have never heard anything about using allies as part of a standard rule set... the idea is very intriguing.
You'll have to get the Daemon/Witch Hunters codexes to use the allies rule- not the PDF version, until it's fixed, as they're missing a few pages that are in the actual codexes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
borrowed a buddies codex... very cool. I was going to get some close combat terms, but as i will often face chaos forces, maybe a squad of Grey Knights is a better route.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fluff-wise Grey Knights are more appropriate for fighting Chaos, but the advantages they have over normal marines aren't Daemon specific (although a lot of Daemonhunters stuff is.) While things like negating Inv saves are a lot more useful against Chaos armies, since they tend to have those a lot more, it'll work against anything with Inv saves, including Imperial Terminators, Eldar Avatars (although I suppose those are technically daemons anyway, lol), certain Tyranids, etc. It's really quite nice. At least for my opponent >.<

1 - 13 of 13 Posts