Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else commonly plays large scale battles with allied armies controlled by just two people?

When a friend and I battle and (often) fancy a larger scale war we dont have the models for a 5k HE vs WoC. However we do have enough empire and orcs to augment these forces up to 6000 pts a side.

We usually have about 4.5k points of HE and WoC supported by 1.5k of empire and orcs and follow the GW provided rules for allied armies for the most part.

Obviously the way we play this wouldnt be allowed at GW tourny's and the like but these are only house rules and allow for some of the most fun battles I have ever played.

These combinations of forces allow for some great and mad balances of forces on a more epic scale, for example with my HE and Empire I throw an obscene amount of magic and artillery (3 hellblasters, 4 cannon and a mortar FTW) at the chaos and orc forces before they hit my lines but god save me if they get to me.

Also it allows the use of archaon and a star dragon to be used without it seeming brutally overpowered and the challenge is take them down in the sneakiest way possible.

Just thought I would see whether anyone else plays madness like this and what people think of it.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
It has been a while since I last played a large alliance game, but I do remember that it is quite fun to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts