Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends is just starting 40k:grin: and was thinking of getting a Necron army. I want to get an army that Can successfully vs Necrons, but also be a great ally to them, for doubles games and tournies. I am currently thinking Nids but am yet to decide. Could you guys, with your infinite wisdom, aid me in this decision.

·
Registered
644 Posts
To be completely honest, fluffwise, no one allies with Necrons. Even Tyranid hive fleets avoid Tomb Worlds. However, looking at "hey we kill humans too," Tyranids are probably the best choice.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
against Crons Guard would be good....with guard eiathe Tyranids or Guard again. You can make up fluff that the Guard are a new experimental tech that the nercons are doing aka Terminator style (Thats the movie people not the armour)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help, Nids were fairly high up on the list and i do have about 700 points of them already.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
nids are a great idea as your gaunts will give his nec warrior cover saves which will help them greatly, also your fexs and tyrants will be able to get rid of that pesky AV14 tanks. Guard would be ok too but if you face an assault army...your well fucked.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
SW could do this job fairly well.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
yeah I agree with ahab SW are pretty good choice as well

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
on the topic of AV14 tanks, i find the Zoanthropes psyker power 18" Range S10 AP1 Lance, Assault 1 is also pretty good at taking them out

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
on the topic of AV14 tanks, i find the Zoanthropes psyker power 18" Range S10 AP1 Lance, Assault 1 is also pretty good at taking them out
yup when I see those motherfuckers coming down right next to my raider I die a little inside

1 - 10 of 10 Posts