Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

921 - 923 of 923 Posts

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Glad to have you back!

About a year and a half ago we bought a house that hadn't been updated since the 1970's. It had lots of fake wood paneling (5 different colors!), staple-up ceiling tiles, and some awful carpeting and laminate tiles.

We ended to having to re-drywall several ceilings and one entire room. We removed a non-load bearing wall, and gutted the kitchen.

Anyway, I could go on and on. Suffice it to say that a project like that consumes quite a lot of time and effort.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #922
So, as every Chaos player from here to the Northpole, I got my hands on the shadowspear set. Recognizing that the next month or so is going to have a release every week that I want, I went straight to work on it!

The models are breathtakingly detailed. Luckily not at the level of Dark Vengeance, where it was too much on the marines (you coiuldn't make out half the details) but the overall look and feel of the models, are fantastic!

I am painting them in my legion of choice, the Word Bearers, and should have another update in a few days for all of you. Enjoy!

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #923
So I finally got the set done. I hit some snags while painting them and had a few situations, where I was unable to paint for some weeks.

Overall, I wanted to go for a more spooky theme and try out some new approaches (compared to what you usually see) on items such as the loincloths' and the general clothing parts of the model. I'm not going to lie, they looked like absolutely shit halfway through, so it was a bit of a gamble.

In the end, it went pretty good. Here's the Master of Possession - The rest will be revealed over the next days.

As always, C&C is welcome!

921 - 923 of 923 Posts