Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

881 - 900 of 923 Posts

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #881
It's been a while hasn't it? Sorry to have been so quiet, but a lot of things have happened that I needed to take care off.

But surely you're not interested in that, so let's carry on to what this blog is about; That plastic crack. I just had my biggest assignment ever. Painting 1500 points of Slaanesh Demonic Incursion in 4 weeks for a tournament. This list contains;

- 80 Daemonettes
- 30 Seekers
- 2 Heralds (1 on foot and 1 on steed)
- 5 Furies.

I just finished them this morning, and here is the result:

You will probably notice that I've taken a more realistic and gritty approach to this army than most of my recent work. It's fully intentional and something I've wanted to do since my Nurgle army. Slaanesh is a tough nut to crack and make menacing looking but I think it worked this time around, with help from ThirdEyeNuke studioes for inspiration. Only took me 3 tries too!

I hope you like it.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Wow thats quite a few daemonettes, wish i could get this kind of progress on my orks.

Is this what you've been doing since august?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Via TapaTalk

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #883
Wow thats quite a few daemonettes, wish i could get this kind of progress on my orks.

Is this what you've been doing since august?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Via TapaTalk
Partly. I trained with the army at the start of August, and started painting it. I came halfway through it (you can see the pink theme in the YPC '17 thread) and decided that I hated it like a month ago. So yeah, I started over and repainted the entire thing.

Brilliant right?

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
That's a lot of daemon-flesh, Nord!

It turned out brilliantly! The only bummer here is that the pictures aren't even higher quality. It can be tough to get details in the wide shots. =)

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #886
That's a lot of daemon-flesh, Nord!

It turned out brilliantly! The only bummer here is that the pictures aren't even higher quality. It can be tough to get details in the wide shots. =)
Aye, I will take some pictures when I'm home from the tournament, promise! Today I just wanted them done so I could relax a bit, as the past couple of days were pretty intense in the painting department :p

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #887
Now for a quick update, while I'm assembling my next project. It's time to give my Chaos Marines some loving, so I've decided to finally jump in with both feet. I'm building a mother-Slaaneshing Cabal!

I've wanted to build these guys for so long, as I absolutely LOVE the models. I will be assembling them with the following weapons:

2 x Force Staff
2 x Force Sword
1 x Force Axe
1 x Black Mace

As soon as they are assembled I will be posting some pictures for you guys to see.

The above weapon combinations meant that I had a axe for spare. So I thought that it was time that my Juggerlord got a much-deserved upgrade, as he was put on a bigger base:

Khorne is happy.
I am happy.
It's a happy day.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Good to see your progress mate! :good:

·
8,723 Posts
"He's more painting-machine than man now......"

Oobee-doo Shebooby describing Nord Vader. :wink:

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #894
Right, I've had time to experiment a tad on the various forces before I started on the Cabal. I wanted them to look as cool as possible, but with my new approach in mind. If in doubt, I'm talking about the more gritty approach that I got with my Slaanesh daemons.

I made two Juggernauts my test subjects. Two models that I've had forever and never really got around to re-do; My juggerlord from my CSM section and a Juggerherald from my Daemon section.

I started out by playing around with the steeds themselves. I always liked the metallic steeds more than the red ones, so after playing around for the better part of 2 hours, I got to this stage:

After making the bronze pop a bit more and adding blood effects, I got started on the Khorne herald. I wanted a more brown/orange'ish approach to the red, instead of the pure red you mostly see on the Bloodletters. Additionally I wanted to go for black feet and hands, ever since I saw that paintscheme in the Khorne Daemonkin codex. I also decided to not add any lighting effects, but keep it down and dirty - The only pop effect being the sword he holds.

After around an hour and a halfs worth of airbrushing, washing, drybrushing and a bit of blending, I got him to a stage that I liked. Here he is:

After having gotten the Khorne herald down, I was more confident in my reds and general aesthetic so I started on the Juggerlord himself. I decided to try and start the metallics with a brighter shade than I normally do, as the metallics quickly become to dark that you can barely see them for the blacks. After this model, I found out that it's definitely the right way to go. Until my lightbox is home, here is a quick shot of the guy in all of his bloody glory:

A productive Sunday I have to admit. Now I want to get started on my cabal!

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
@Nordicus hmm, that's a lot of trim but I think the Heldrake is still significantly worse.

Looks good though!

I'm guessing you're still going to do more washing and shading on the trim, yes?

·
8,723 Posts

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #900
First of all, a very Happy New Year to everyone stopping by! I hope you all had a great holiday with your family and friends, while maintaining all of your fingers.

Now that the holiday greetings are out of the way, I can gladly say that the cabal is finished. Honestly they took longer than I'd like but the amount of trims on these dudes had me going through a momentary weariness, that I had to fight off. The second the trim was done, I was at full speed once again.

I continued my venture into the more gritty side of painting that I started with my Daemonettes and Juggerlord so these guys were a challenge to say the least. I wanted to not overdo it but keep them simple and striking. The result is this:

As proof of all 6 of them being done, here's the infamous group-shot:

I hope you like them - If you want more pictures of them, feel free to PM me and I'll send a few. I'm trying to keep the clutter down but they are so distinct each of them, that a groupshot doesn't really do them justice. I hope a picture of one of them can give a sense of where I went with them though :)

Not unto new things! I'll be back soon!

881 - 900 of 923 Posts