Venom, Grisly Trophies, 2x Splinter Cannon
130pts

Total
1832pts

Any constructive comments welcome :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
It is a really good list, but with 1 less windrider squad, and take out 1 or 2 warp spiders, and you have anither waveserpent with Dire avengers inside with the optimum loudout. I think that option has similar amounts of firepower, and is more reliable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comments :) I am not entirely sure of the maths regarding points values. In order to squeeze in a third dire avenger wave serpent, i would need to sacrifice both jetbike squads, nearly all the war-gear on both farseers and also 2-3 warp spiders. Im honestly not sure if the trade off would be worth it, but am willing to give it a try !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks good so far, but I think you'll definitely need in a second warrior venom with trophies, one is easily killed and its good to have redundancy. Also, the warlocks are quite reliant on it. This will also let you take off the runes of witnessing on the farseers as with the trophies their odds of failing are very small, saving some points in the process.

Then you could probably lose 2 warp spiders - 8 is still a great number, I find its a nice balance.

I dont think you need more wave serpents (obviously the more you can put in the more crazy firepower per point ratio you'll get.) but 2 serpents is a respectable amount with everything else u have going in ur list, namely the seer council.

I could be worth a try if you somehow got in a wraithknight (starting by losing the warwalkers) He really likes to take some firepower off of the seer council, which is essentially one of the things ur looking for in the rest of the list that isnt part of the council. You'll have to start stripping some upgrades for it though. Both Runes of Warding, the blaster from the venom - maybe a single warlock (but dont go below 6 otherwise you'll start losing the likelihood of them getting the powers you need). But if you got him in, he could bring some great firepower to the list, will act as a bit of a fire magnet too (also you could regen his wounds if u get any renews from the council) and he is pretty decent in combat. Just take him stock - 240 points.

Let's see:
losing the warwalkers, all the runes on the farseers and 2 warpspiders saves you 228.

That's enough for the wraithknight. Though you'd still ideally like a second trophy venom identical to what you have minus the blaster.

You could lose 1 warlock and 1 unit of jetbikes to add in another warrior venom with extra cannon and trophies for 115.
This puts you had 1848 if I'm correct - you could add night shields to both venoms then to help make sure they survive.

Anyway, the list looks good, some things could be trimmed maybe but yeah, you have a decent amount of troop units too whether you do the changes or not - should do well :) Make sure you always take first turn with the council, and if u don't get it, hide them well for the first turn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts