Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So i am working on a Tzeentch themed Daemons with Chaos Space Marines allies army that is supposed to be 1850pt. I am currently 65pts short can you help? Here is what i am working with so far; in brackets will be its conversion to be count as

HQ - Kairos Fateweaver

HQ - Lord of Change: 305pts
1 Lesser reward, 2 Greater rewards, Level 3 Psyker: Divination

TROOPS - 10 Pink Horrors: 90pts

TROOPS - 10 Plaguebearers or 10 Daemonettes: 90pts (Wood elf Dryad conversions)

HEAVY SUPPORT - Soul Grinder: 160pts
Tzeentch, Baleful Torrent

HEAVY SUPPORT -
Daemon Prince: 355pts
Flight, Armour, Exalted reward, Tzeentch, Level 3

HQ - Daemon Prince: 330pts
Wings, Armour, Tzeentch, Black Mace, Level 2, Spell familiar

TROOPS - 10 Cultists: 50pts

FAST ATTACK - Helldrake 170pts
Baleflamer

What do you think? where can i spend my remaining 65pts

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Well, the easiest option would be to throw 2 (or squeeze out 3) Mastery Levels on the Mace Prince. Hmm, 2 levels on him, plus steal a level from the C:D Prince, then buy him a Spell Familiar.

A points-sink, yeah, but if he gets Iron Arm...

Alternatively, 5 Plaguebearers and a Greater Reward on the C:D Prince?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
This is nearly identical to one of the top 5 daemon lists at adepticon. Think he found a way to put a bastion in for his horrors being the only change I can think of from memory. So needless to say, it'll work

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the easiest option would be to throw 2 (or squeeze out 3) Mastery Levels on the Mace Prince. Hmm, 2 levels on him, plus steal a level from the C:D Prince, then buy him a Spell Familiar.

A points-sink, yeah, but if he gets Iron Arm...
I like that, consider that idea stolen ;-)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Have you considered Be'lakor instead of the Mace prince?

Another option would be a third ML on that prince (you are forced to roll once on the very mediocre tzeenchian table with him), an icon for the horrors and pleghm on the SG (that you can deploy at start or DS on demand)

·
Registered
466 Posts
sorry for double post but I cant edit on my phone

Option 3: the csm prince becomes another c:d prince with portalglyph and all the trimmings and you replace the heldrake and cultists with 9 screamers (buffed as a distraction early game and thrown away later when you use defensive buffs on your MCs instead)

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I like that, consider that idea stolen ;-)
The one downside is that a CSM DP has to take a Tzeentch power, so reduces their chance of getting Iron Arm compared to a Daemons DP, who can take all three powers as Biomancy and so has a higher chance of getting it.

...but the chance of getting Iron Arm on the Mace Prince to make him near unkillable...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts