Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I've settled on what I think is a pretty solid all comers list.

Farseer
Spiritseer

5x Dire Avengers w/ Exarch, Power weapon + Shimmershield
-Wave Serpent w/ Scatter Laser, Spirit Stones, Holo-fields, Shuriken Cannon
10x Guardians w/ Scatter Laser

10x Warp Spiders w/ Exarch, Power Blades, Spinneret Rifle, Fast Shot
10x Warp Spiders w/ Exarch, Power Blades, Spinneret Rifle, Fast Shot

Vyper w/ Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Holo-fields

Fire Prism w/ Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Holo-fields
Falcon w/ Bright Lance, Spirit Stones, Holo-fields

Ageis Defense Line w/ Quad Gun

My plan is to drop the two Seers in a Guardian Squad behind the Defense Line, move the other two troops up to objectives and use the Vyper and Warp Spiders to harass.

If I've done my math right, this leaves me at 1800 meaning I have 50 points to spend. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Well id get rid of that Vyper is just asking to be first blood. Also what role is the Spirit seer playing, He's not really been any help in my opinion. Also imo you should drop the ecarch on the dire avengers and his weapons and then remove the cc weapons from the warp spiders exarchs. If anu of them are in combat, your doing it wrong :laugh:. I have never been mad about falcons now to be honest id rather another fire prism with holofields and cannon. Also imo holofields over cannon and cannon over everything else when it comes to pivking upgrades for tanks. With the points you have extra you could throw in wraithknight for shit and giggles. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Spiritseer is there to give the Guardian + Farseer squad Shrouded for the 2+ cover behind the Ageis.

I agree with you about the Vyper but don't really have anything else to do with it/put in.

For the sake of exploring options lets say I dropped the Vyper, the DA Exarch and the power blades. That would give me 195 points to spend to get to 1850.

What are my best options? What are my most fun options? How about Dark Reapers or Fire Dragons?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Dark reapers are a good option because of the aegis line. Roll them like this:
5x dark reapers
Starshot missiles
Exarch
Missile launcher
Fast shot
This gives you an anti infantry/ anti tank / and anti flyer if you stick the exarch on the quad gun. Couple this unit with guide/prescience from the farseer and you have a great little unit. Also if your looking foe shrouded just use the a warlocks for half the points. Because the spirit seer doesn't do much really for the unit otherwise.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good call on the Warlocks. And I can literally get 2 for 1. So, new list would look something like:

Farseer
2x Warlocks

5x Dire Avengers

10x Warp Spiders w/ Exarch, Spinneret Rifle, Fast Shot
10x Warp Spiders w/ Exarch, Spinneret Rifle, Fast Shot

5x Dark Reapers w/ Starshot, Exarch, Missile Launcher, Fast Shot
Fire Prism w/ Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Holo-fields
Falcon w/ Bright Lance, Spirit Stones, Holo-fields

Ageis Defense Line w/ Quad Gun

Where should I put the second Warlock?

·
Registered
720 Posts
You can throw him into the other guardian squad for the craic otherwise I dont see another use for him :grin:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Warlocks can only join guardians or warlocks council I'm afraid :-(

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
You've still got a lot of wasted points. I'd drop all the Stones and the Falcon in favour of another Serpent and a Jetbike+Mantle for the Farseer, which allows him to follow the Spiders around, and a Singing Spear would let him threaten tanks as well.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, Jetbike/Mantle Farseer seems really fun. Does it do anything besides not die?

I could probably convert my Falcon into a Wave Serpent without trouble.

Why are Spirit Stones considered a waste of points?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Because you're very often turning all damage rolls into glances on a 2+ anyway, and even if you do get shaken then you've got a good chance of scoring a fair number of hits due to the twin linked turret/laser lock. Stunned is a 1-in-36 chance if you've got your shield up, and a 1-in-6 if you don't so isn't really worth investing against, especially since it's only a 50% chance of preventing it.

If you've got 10pts spare at the end of writing a list, you could do worse than throw them on a Fire Prism, but I wouldn't take them as standard.

The Mantle Farseer is useful for bogging down small MEQ Troops choices so they can't go for objectives, is wonderful for Line Breaker, can actually win combats versus small GEQ units, and can otherwise keep up with the speed of Warp Spiders, meaning you can keep them twin linked pretty consistently. Given that they're a large portion of your hitting power, that's more of a benefit than sitting with the units behind the Aegis. And like I said, he can threaten AV 10-11 side and rears with a Singing Spear, so for example if someone has left a Manticore all by itself behind a tall building, you can turbo over there turn 1 and deal with that bad boy before your spiders hit the table (assuming you reserve them).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts