Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday at games day both Mat ward and Robin Cruddace said that there were no future plans to develop a new alien hunter codex. Mat also denied a new 3 ordo book but did say that Both current Ordo will be looked at. Hope this dispel any rumours from white dwarf 303 saying that there would-be.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
You want to play deathwatch either get the DW rpg or use sternguard.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Pretty much thats all the Ordo Xenos and Deathwatch were.. normal marines with a fancy paintjob and ammo... so prtty much, as pointed out, Sternguard... not worth making a codex for anymore.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Would still have been quite nice to get some more background for them...

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Again, buy the DW RPG.

·
Mr Fantastic
231 Posts
Or maybe introduce some new imperial agents? Bounty hunters etc Maybe not a full Codex but maybe a small supplement in WD or online?

·
Registered
108 Posts
So if Death Watch = Sternguard, how could one make a Death Watch army out of them?

(Sorry, I've been keeping up with 40K over the last 2 years or so and I don't have any of the new books.)

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
Or maybe introduce some new imperial agents? Bounty hunters etc Maybe not a full Codex but maybe a small supplement in WD or online?
and take up the precious space used by jervis johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, surely you can't be serious??, where else is he going to convince us that £25 for 10 plastic models is amazing value for money and everyone buys them, and only poopheads don't?
So if Death Watch = Sternguard, how could one make a Death Watch army out of them?
do deathwatch deploy armies?, everything I've heard is small strike teams, 1 or 2 squads at most, maybe allot less.

·
Mr Fantastic
231 Posts
and take up the precious space used by jervis johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, surely you can't be serious??, where else is he going to convince us that £25 for 10 plastic models is amazing value for money and everyone buys them, and only poopheads don't?
I'm sure Jervis could miss a month or two from WD! :laugh:

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
who cares? honestly, paint up some vanilla marines as DW and then play the kill teams mission from battle missions. there problem solved.
And why is this thread in new releases?

·
Registered
363 Posts
do deathwatch deploy armies?, everything I've heard is small strike teams, 1 or 2 squads at most, maybe allot less.
Yeah, all they ever deploy is one or two squads. The whole point is that almost every member of the kill-team is a captain, sergeant, etc. Fluff-wise, the Inquisition would need to strip pretty much every chapter of their best soldiers and leaders to create an army of Deathwatch teams. There's no point to them having a codex, because they'd be woefully underpowered compared to what they represent in the fluff (but hey, this is GW, so what else is new?).

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
The Deathwatch will only ever deploy a single Kill-Team to one area at a time (though how large an "area" is is anybody's guess). Kill-Teams consist of between three and 12 members.

Making an entire army of Deathwatch Marines would just be weird and counter-fluff. Not... that that's a bad thing or wrong.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts