Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there, just letting everyone know there's a cool new kickstarter by Alien Dungeon to launch their new game All Quiet on the Martian Front, set after the first alien invasion as told in H.G. Well's novel The War of the Worlds, so far there are american and martian armies, but the British Expeditionary Force and Venusians are planned and Underdwellers have been mentioned, which I'm assuming to be something like the Morlocks from The Time Machine. If you love alternate history or the steampunk-ish short of sci-fi inspired by Wells and his contemporaries, like me you'll probably like the look of this.

Homepage (kickstarter link at top of page)

Youtube Kickstarter Video Discussing Gameplay

Best,
Ben.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That was my first thought, but then looking at several of the reward levels I figured if I didn't want to take it further (which I will anyway) or few others I play with take it up, the set's are generally nicely balanced so you can treat it as an awesome miniature based 2 player game. So I could play friends and family who really don't have or want an army in any system, but if it was all 'there', they'd play it. The value is great I think. My impression of the rules is they won't be so hard to master, I think they are going for quick, but still realistic enough results. They have released two PDF documents with draft army lists - what they have decided on to date. They are also intending on doing Venusians, Men in the Moon, and Underdwellers.

[EDIT] Stretch goals have just been updated.

These goals have been altered so many of the old rewards of type "item X or item Y" have been changed to "item X AND item Y" The The flame tank and cylinder alone are MSRP $90 and are already unlocked when the project hit $70k. They've been incredibly generous with this update.

[EDIT] Draft Scenario's have been released.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There has been discussion on the page about the scale of things, I think people are liking the fact so far it looks compatible with stuff they have already bought for FOW and other similar sized games. Scenery and such for it seems easy to come by.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE:

If we smash the $150k barrier by midnight, they will throw in a transfer sheet and extra stuff to personalize the tanks and army.

Also check out the latest Q&A session!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More good news fro Ernie!
Flying drones will be on the next Add-On announcement. They are Exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign so anyone will be able to buy them that pledges. Same can be said for the Patton Tank and the Red Martian once they are unlocked!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Project Update 42...
FYI - We made a mistake in the pledge level description that spilled over onto the photo representation of the following levels...Tank Major, General, Field Marshal, Full Assault, On the Front and All Out War. The doughboys should have numbered 15 stands (75 figures). The description says 95 figures which equates to 19 stands. So...SURPRISE, those levels get an extra 4 stands of doughboys!! Sorry for the confusion!

See the above is exactly why I think Alien Dungeon deserve great support - their care for their backers/followers/fans is top notch!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Busted the $150k mark. Overseers and Land Ironclads may be revealed tonight. Time depending and how far the AD crew get!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts