Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Black Staff states that it allows him to use several powers that count as shooting attacks in one turn.
Does that mean he can fire his Bolt Pistol, and use Psychic Shooting Attacks (PSA), or is he still restricted by the 1 weapon fired rule, except when he's only used PSA?

My interpretation is no, he cannot fire his Bolt Pistol in addition to using PSA.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I would count firing the pistol as one of his 3 shots per turn (like his force weapon uses one psychic test). Just me, since there's little in the book to justify either way.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I would like to say yes, but by RAW, no. He can cast multiple powers that count as shooting, but he still counts as shooting, and so couldn't fire his BP at the same time.
The rule about using multiple shooting powers still doesn't allow you to shoot a gun and use a shooting power on the same turn - both count as shooting still.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would count firing the pistol as one of his 3 shots per turn (like his force weapon uses one psychic test). Just me, since there's little in the book to justify either way.
It doesn't say 3 actually, it says "several", which we can assume means infinite, since he's limited to the tests he can take.

I would like to say yes, but by RAW, no. He can cast multiple powers that count as shooting, but he still counts as shooting, and so couldn't fire his BP at the same time.
The rule about using multiple shooting powers still doesn't allow you to shoot a gun and use a shooting power on the same turn - both count as shooting still.
Yeah, seems that way to me.

·
Registered
592 Posts
As per the FAQ, Ahriman can not use multiple psychic shooting attacks.

So I would guess that counts for his Bolt Pistol as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts