Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Story:
It has taken many long years and countless sacrifices, but finally Ahriman, former Chief Librarian of the Thousand Sons, now exile and sorcerer, is ready to attempt the most audacious and daring feat of his long life. His quest for knowledge and power has all been for one purpose, and he would now see that purpose fulfilled. His goal? Nothing less than undoing his greatest failure and reversing the Rubric that damned his Legion…

So I'm divided on the frontcover as I like it in all apects with the exception Ahriman look way too thin. Also I like John French's work otherwise, but his Ahriman-stuff haven't been the best. Exile was decent as it was the 1st in the trilogy, the 2nd book was awful IMO, so my hypes for this book is very low. What do you guys think about it?

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Loved the first two, so definitely looking forward to getting my hands on this one.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Im curious to if Ahriman actually will be able to truly progress the story of the thousand sons legion, or they will remain trapped by the rubric and stuck in status quo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I loved the first 2 Ahriman books so I'm very thrilled for "Unchanged". And Ahriman looks totally badass on every cover. He's without a doubt one of my favourite 40k characters.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks a ton.

By the way, I really have to thank you for telling me about the short story Luna Mendax. It was so amazing. Not to sound like a soft bastard, but it misted my eyes a bit. Hah

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has this been delayed? I thought it was supposed to be out this month but the release date on amazon says December.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Lovely, and for once a properly sized novel.

I am noticing an Ahriman Exodus above, a 144 page hardback. Smells like another limited edition?
It's priced at £12, so a normal novella. I might consider it, or I might just wait for the inevitable Ahriman omnibus that will be cheaper and contain the novella and all the Ahriman short stories that have been circulating.

LotN

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm curious as to why they are so much cheaper in America. A normal sized novel may be like 40£, but in America a limited edition hardcover is like 20$....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Nice to see that it hasn't been delayed, but I would prefer ordering from amazon.

Exodus cover:

‘Ahriman: Exodus’ is set between the first two books in the trilogy and collects a series of Quick Reads from the perspective of Ctesias, servant to Ahriman and daemon summoner extraordinaire. They chart the deeds Ctesias performs in his master’s name, all of them driving towards the sorcerer lord’s ultimate goal of reuniting his Legion.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts