Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
A 30k PLASTIC Ahriman?! Oh GW just keeps making the right moves recently, this is definitely one of them. And if this is part of the next HH box set then I wonder what other Thousand Sons goodies might be hidden within. Can't wait to see whats on the horizon for the Heresy.

That helmet is a travesty sadly.
Really? I love it, it's 100% accurate to the Collected Visions depiction of Chief Librarian Azhek Ahriman:

From the look of the sprue this is what it should look like, and it's awesome so i'm very happy.

LotN

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Well no. The crest on the Visions helmet is cool, small bit distinctive. The one I see on those pictures is almost the size of his helmet again

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Would be pretty damn cool to see some other CSM characters in their heresy days. Typhus especially. More possibilities now that theyre putting out the plastic kits by themselves

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Makes me hope for a Bjorn

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Hopefully they are redoing all of those 2nd/3rd ed models to a newer & cooler pose.

Blackmane
Tycho
Abbadon
etc

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hopefully they are redoing all of those 2nd/3rd ed models to a newer & cooler pose.

Blackmane
Tycho
Abbadon
etc
Ragnar has pretty much been done, what with the release of Krom and the upgrade sprue. It's no coincidence that a right handed chain sword exactly like Ragnars and a top knot head are on that sprue. As a SW fanboy I'd be delighted to see a new sculpt, but I can agree that there are others more deserving, like the others you mentioned. But it really looks like it won't be long before all the 2nd Ed characters wil have shines new sculpts.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Oh ya, I was just listing some examples of models that just no longer are at an acceptable level anymore.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Hmmmm, the Eye of Horus on his shoulderpad....didn't notice that before?

And again, why the fuck isn't that helmet crest smaller. It's nothing like as big as that in the Visions picture and just looks awful on an otherwise excellent model.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The entire head is a weak spot, IMO. Also surprised there's not even a single alternate option anywhere on the sprue. Compared to other recent characters, like the new Eldrad model... somewhat disappointing.

Still, lot of attention to detail (new staff is an improvement) and practical changes, such as moving the horns to be supported by the armor.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
True, but I'm going to ignore that and consider him a 40K version as well because his 40K model has always looked like a setup for a "me so horny" joke. :)

Reactions: Khorne's Fist
1 - 20 of 26 Posts