Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shok:

SPOILERS FOR A THOUSAND SONS!!!!!!

I was re-reading A Thousand Sons and got to the part where Ahriman was telling the rememberancer, Lemuel, about the history of the Thousand Sons and his personal backstory. It mentioned him and his twin brother's biological heritage being uncontaminated, unlike the other tribe's of Earth. Other excerpts allude to Ahriman coming from Terra. I then realized he must, because if he was a veteran of the Thousand Sons legion, they did not start recruiting from Prospero's populaiton until after the Emperor started his Great Crusade and found Magnus, and Ahriman says he was already a Thousand Son by then...... So this means Ahriman is a Terran.
Which made me realize......most of the veteran members of the great legions must also be from Terra, since the Emperor hadn't assigned the Legions homeworlds as the Legions weren't reunited with their Primarchs until the Great Crusade, and the Emperor took the Legions out with him when he left Terra!!!!
So.......who else can we assume, or figure out, is Terran? Maybe Abaddon?

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Read the novels carefully. You will find that a lot of the known villains are actually from Terra. Ahriman, Kharn (I think), and I believe there are others, but I can`t remember them all by heart.

Usually the ones who were of the Legion before the primarchs. So try to find that bit of info and that`s usually it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Sons of Horus purged all of the Terran marines.
And I'm also sure a large amount of the World Eaters would be terran, as well.
Very few of the Thousand Sons are, however, because of the flesh-change ravaging the legion. Ahriman himself being lucky they found the primarch himself.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
:shok:

SPOILERS FOR A THOUSAND SONS!!!!!!

I was re-reading A Thousand Sons and got to the part where Ahriman was telling the rememberancer, Lemuel, about the history of the Thousand Sons and his personal backstory. It mentioned him and his twin brother's biological heritage being uncontaminated, unlike the other tribe's of Earth. Other excerpts allude to Ahriman coming from Terra. I then realized he must, because if he was a veteran of the Thousand Sons legion, they did not start recruiting from Prospero's populaiton until after the Emperor started his Great Crusade and found Magnus, and Ahriman says he was already a Thousand Son by then...... So this means Ahriman is a Terran.
Which made me realize......most of the veteran members of the great legions must also be from Terra, since the Emperor hadn't assigned the Legions homeworlds as the Legions weren't reunited with their Primarchs until the Great Crusade, and the Emperor took the Legions out with him when he left Terra!!!!
So.......who else can we assume, or figure out, is Terran? Maybe Abaddon?
You sound suprised? :)

All the Legions initially were solely comprised of Terrans, or men from nearby worlds if we think about it practically. Some Legions though, like the Alpha Legion was only created a few decades before Alpharius was discovered - so they were more likely a mix of men from different worlds rather than just Terran.

I'm pretty sure the Sons of Horus purged all of the Terran marines.
Well on Isstvan III the Sons of Horus, Emperor's Children, World Eaters, and Death Guard purged the loyalist elements of their Legions (as Im sure you know), but that doesn't mean they were automatically all Terrans. Loken for example was from Cthonia not Terra, if I remember correctly.

The Word Bearers on the other hand did purge all of their Terran Astartes.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Well on Isstvan III the Sons of Horus, Emperor's Children, World Eaters, and Death Guard purged the loyalist elements of their Legions (as Im sure you know), but that doesn't mean they were automatically all Terrans. Loken for example was from Cthonia not Terra, if I remember correctly.
And Kharne was likely a Terran, takes all sorts I suppose.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Khârn was Terran?, thats surprising. Though we have no idea where Angron recruited World Eaters from so I guess its pretty obvious that he was.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Indeed I was. It never occured to me that some of Chaos greatest champions hail from Terra, which suprises me more that they would hate the Emperor as much as they do.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Indeed I was. It never occured to me that some of Chaos greatest champions hail from Terra, which suprises me more that they would hate the Emperor as much as they do.
Thats like saying its suprising that not all Americans love Obama. Just because people are from Terra doesn't mean they are automatically unflinchingly loyal to the Emperor. :)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Ahriman doesn't even hate the emperor, he seemed quite friendly towards him in 1k sons. Even when he turns up in the BR book hes not all death to the false emp, and just feels that the imperium has lost its way. Kharn went loopy so its not surprising his attitude.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess its more to do with age. Nobody from the loyal legions are alive today that can boast of speaking with the Emperor. That privilege seems to be only exist from the traitor legions, most of whom don't like him. I do agree the Ahriman does seem to not hate the Emperor, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he is trying to fix his Rubric and get in back with the big E....

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
I guess its more to do with age. Nobody from the loyal legions are alive today that can boast of speaking with the Emperor. That privilege seems to be only exist from the traitor legions, most of whom don't like him. I do agree the Ahriman does seem to not hate the Emperor, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere he is trying to fix his Rubric and get in back with the big E....
That seems a bit of a stretch, but who knows?

Ahriman does claim not to serve chaos. Odd though, that his rules represent him with the mark of Tzeentch? GW seem to have developed a new direction for this fellow since the last edition of the codex...?

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Ahriman does claim not to serve chaos. Odd though, that his rules represent him with the mark of Tzeentch? GW seem to have developed a new direction for this fellow since the last edition of the codex...?
If he does claim that (im not sure i've read it anywhere though) then he is wholly mistaken and as arrogant as Magnus was.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If I remember right it is more of a "I will not bow to the will of chaos" rather than a "I do not serve chaos"
From most of the stuff I have read about Ahriman he is trying to bring his legion back to the light of the emperor, in his own fashion. Much the same as the old fluff from the Relictors where they would utilized Chaos's own tools against them in the name of the Emperor.

Ahriman feels that if he can get his hands on the knowldge contained within the black library he can simply fix everything as at that point he will have godlike powers at his disposal.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The Word Bearers on the other hand did purge all of their Terran Astartes.
I've been searching for the book which has this info in it? Please can someone confirm which book it's in?

Cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts