Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
The Dragon is revealed, and I... I... like it? Hard to say. The details are good but the posing is awful, hopefully this is a kit that can be reposed if necessary. Also curious about exactly what that thing on it's back is, a wing? A tail? If it's a wing where is the other wing? And if it's a tail why does the joint look like a shoulder? I like the idea of this being a classic dragon, the kind with four legs and a pair of wings (I think), but the posing is just terrible.

LotN
My sincere hope is that it was a case of trying to be fast and cheap by skipping one wing and hoping the angle would mask it. Don't paint what can't be seen, sort of deal. Otherwise it's a truly sucky piece.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Stardrake?_requestid=4773570

-Lack of a serpentine front half and chunky back half. Look at Malekith on Seraphon and the High Elf Prince on Dragon to see what I mean, they look funny and not in a good way. This looks intimidating.
Malekith and Caledor were both very, VERY bad sculpts.

However, the new high elf on dragon? That's the model that got me into Fantasy.

The High Elf dragons were the classical European design. They were 'fire drakes'. Then there's the new... thing that was released with the Sigmardwarves... that was designed after Asian dragons, otherwise known as Cloud Serpents.

To me, this new one is something halfway between the European and Asian designs. The wings are closer to the asian styles, with the webbing and fin look to them. The torso is also a bit larger and bulkier. Actually reminds me a little bit of some demonic chinese influences meshed in as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.