Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Firstly, I really like the models and I'm looking forward to seeing the big dude.

As for pricing there's two ways of looking at it. First you can look it as a cavalry unit and think you probably want at least three in a unit, meaning you're buying two boxes, so £80 for a unit. Very expensive.

Alternatively you can notice that these new models are very similar in scale and detail to the Lord Celestant on Dracoth. Plus extra weapons options. When you look at it that way you're getting two high level characters on monsterous mounts for £20 each. Bargain.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I think a divergence from classical mythological creatures, even if it's only in elements is an intentional part of the AoS reboot. They're additional copyrightable elements. I don't think we'll ever see the word Dragon, or for that matter Griffon, Pegasus, Manticore or any other familiar WHFB mounts, used in official AoS material.

I like it though. So fare unfortunately the Dracoths, Star Drakes and Magmadroths have been fairly similar in a lot of ways. I'might interested to see what creatures we will see as the war against Chaos spreads into more of the 9 realms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.