Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is how i think 40k will end out....

Necrons Kill all life and "wake up" while all the races are still fighting. next, the IG/PDF Defences fail. next the emporer's realm will srink and weed out. then olny the chaos gods and a few Space Marines Chapters will live due to there power,and defences. but the marines will die, and the gods can't be touched.
the end of 40k
C+C?
-tom

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Wait how can the pdf fail if the necs kill all life.
It's more likely the emp dies and a new chaos god is born and kills most life then the nids show up and nom everything.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the crons kill all life cuse' the PDF failed

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It most likely will end in a constant war of Nids, Necs, and Orks two of those races will love it

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
point, i shood know that i play orks...

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
I love chaos, but honestly, I'm a human being, I'd hope the Imperium finds away to survive the C'tan, the chaos powers, and the hordes of tyranids and orks.

Why you ask, well if chaos wins all then there will be no weak individuals to pick on. I wonder if there are any old ones left to figure something out. I bet a few survived and are hiding somewhere in the galaxy.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I wonder if there are any old ones left to figure something out. I bet a few survived and are hiding somewhere in the galaxy.
Well if there are, they've had around 60 million years to sort something out and havn't achieved much...

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Their plan is already well underway. Those who know me will know what I mean. :wink:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
it never ends because everyone is deadlocked

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
^Pretty much that. Everyone is deadlocked.

Necrons can never win as they need other lifes forms to servive. They fell into dormancy origionally as they'd killed too much of the universes populace and had to sleep until there was enough to sustain them again.

Tyranids will never win as everyone is opposed to them. It took 1 legion of marines to halt a hive fleet, and theres 1000 legions, not to mention all the orks, necrons eldar etc who are against them too.

The Imperium can't win as they're constantly assaulted on all sides too much, but similarly thy can't loose as they're soo populous and theres always someone to aid them in a battle no matter how bad it gets.

Chaos can't win as they can't survive in the material world, and similarly, everyone is against them too.

Tau can't win as they are too weak and isolated as a empire. If they were considered enough of a threat, rather then a nuisence they'd be whipped out.

Orks can't win as well, they're orks and thy're too dumb and will just keep falling to infighting and poor organisation like they always do.

Eldar can't win as they're a dying race and they simply don't have the manpower to be able to beat everyone back.

The universe is just one big deadlock where no-one will ever gain the upper hand for long. Thats why its classed as being Grimdark.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
Necrons can never win as they need other lifes forms to servive. They fell into dormancy origionally as they'd killed too much of the universes populace and had to sleep until there was enough to sustain them again.
It was actually the Enslavers that were wiping out life in the galaxy, not the Necrons. The Necrons intend to disable and disorganise the lesser races so that they can be harvested easily and care-free by their C'tan masters.

Tyranids will never win as everyone is opposed to them. It took 1 legion of marines to halt a hive fleet, and theres 1000 legions, not to mention all the orks, necrons eldar etc who are against them too.
You of course mean Chapter, not Legion. And if the speculation is anything to go by, the Hive Fleets we have seen so far are miniscule compared to the ones to come...

The Imperium can't win as they're constantly assaulted on all sides too much, but similarly thy can't loose as they're soo populous and theres always someone to aid them in a battle no matter how bad it gets.
They may not be able to lose conventionally, but if the Emperor dies the Imperium dies, and mankind by default becomes enslaved to Chaos. The Imperium for all its might solely depends on one individual.

Chaos can't win as they can't survive in the material world, and similarly, everyone is against them too.
Chaos is eternal and ever-present. The only thing preventing chaos swamping the galaxy is the Emperor, without him, Chaos wins.

Tau can't win as they are too weak and isolated as a empire. If they were considered enough of a threat, rather then a nuisence they'd be whipped out.
I'll give you that one, although the Imperium cannot afford to muster enough strength to seriously challenge the Tau Empire.

Orks can't win as well, they're orks and thy're too dumb and will just keep falling to infighting and poor organisation like they always do.
But regardless they are an ever-present threat, they may not be able to universally 'win', but they will never truly lose.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Lol 1000 legion. Epic image.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
Well if there are, they've had around 60 million years to sort something out and havn't achieved much...
60 million years and counting... "I'm thinken, I'm thinken, I'm thinken." Maybe they created the Tau...
Though I doubt it, I think it'd be interesting if somehow the surviving Old Ones could unite the races they created. I don't think that humans were created by the old ones but that would be cool if they could all unite.

How do we know about how much tyrnaids are on their way. Has their been a sneak peak or something?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I still believe that the surviving old ones created the tyranid race to cleanse the galaxy before the necrons could.

·
Registered
31 Posts
what would the old ones have to gain by creating a race that wants to nom the entire galaxy in order to stop a race that intends to do a very similar thing? at least the necs would allow the galaxy to repopulate while they sleep

on another note a LOTR style last alliance of old one races against the "evil" of the nids or necs or any other incredibly strong faction would be cool

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
what would the old ones have to gain by creating a race that wants to nom the entire galaxy in order to stop a race that intends to do a very similar thing? at least the necs would allow the galaxy to repopulate while they sleep
The ultimate failure of the Old One`s previous creations was free will. Each race, and individuals within, pursued their own agenda and fractured, making it easier for the c`tan to win.

The nids have no such weakness, they are controlled by a single mind, and all work towards a single purpose with clarity and focus.

That`s why they`ll win. :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
my question was more along the lines of why would the old ones create a race that is just as bad as the one they intend to destroy. (just my personal interpretation and opinion of the tyranids)
anywhos, like so many others i think that ultimately the nids or necs will stand supreme, with the candidates currently in a race. For the necs to win all they have to do is all wake up and liberate the two imprisoned C'tan while the nids just have to hope that the majority of their fleet enters the galaxy before the nids achieve the aforementioned goals.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i think hive fleet behemoth was a small splinter of a hive fleet so large only the emperor of man could ever comprehend its size and even he would find it dificult

1 - 20 of 46 Posts