Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes I can see the pro's for dropping mr Ra for more psionincs but do you have any of the other Phoenix Lords?
Jain Zar or Karandras would also be useful as a big bug killer.
Hmm, have you also thought about Warlocks to bolster the guardian units as well?
The Guardians have their Warlock. Mr Ra is the best option PL-wise against nids, he can lay down the fire that is needed and he is not far behind in CC. Tough taking a CC oriented PL versus Nids falls on the same hurdle as the Avatar. Even more so as they don't have any ++save. If I had had a vyper or two I would have taken formations. Windrider Host + Seer council + Aspect Host + Engines of Vaul. This is a list I would love to try out. Psychic tests on 3+. One use shread on the windriderhost, BS5 Dire Avengers and Reapers. But, what I have is what I have. If you want to know what I have you can have a look here.

· Registered
2,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
This saturnday the battle was finaly fought!

Eldar and Ultramarines forces minus 20 marines and 10 terminators.

The Tyranids big bugs. Another 100+ critters still in boxes.

The field of battle at the start of tyranids turn 2. They are closing in towards our right flank.

After movement in Eldar/Ultramarines turn 3. My jetbikes shift to the right to lend some support. Battle is joined in the shade of monsters.

A heroic last stand by the Ultramarine Chaplain.

I'll post a full Battle Report soon to show how the game ended.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.