1000 pt list

HQ Lib/Chap/Capt depending
10 Tac Squad – ML + Flamer
5 Scouts Snipers + ML
SoB x 12, Veteran Sister, 1x Flamer, Meltagun
SoB x 12, Veteran Sister, 1x Flamer, Meltagun
Dreadnought w/ assault cannon
Predator w/ Auto Cannon, Las- Sponsons

This leaves me 86 points, I have no idea what to do with em. Theres potentially up to 60 pts to drop off the SoB without losing models. I feel my main weakness is not enough troops in most games at 1000 pts, this fixes that problem in a big way.

Pretty weak in melee, I can potentially swap the tac squad for scouts and an upgrade or two and swap in assault termies.

General advice, critiques, all comments welcome. I know that they are a good bargain at 11 points I just dont know of the best way to do it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm not the most experienced player so you can take or leave my advice it won't bother me. But when I make lists I tend to focus my squads more on what they can kill moreso on how they do it. So I usually don't worry about it if I happen to be lacking a close combat punch as long as my shooting 'punch' makes up for it. I also like to go for balanced approaches with each of my units to the point where they can deal with about anything that comes there way BUT specialize in killing one thing. Like for sisters squads the fact that they can take Heavy Flamers seems to make them able to kill infantry better but having a meltagun in the squad always is a good idea to pop transports of things they want to kill or even if something heavier is around and no troops.

So with that said, here's my opinion on things that could improve your list a little without really changing it too much and a couple suggestions for the final points. I'm also assuming you aren't interested in a mech type army since you have no transports in your original list, my suggestions would change a little if you were interested in taking rhinos and such.

1. I'd probably go ahead and upgrade those regular flamers to heavy flamers in the sisters squads, they're not much more expensive but could be noticable.

2. I'd change one of your tactical squads weapons to a melta, either drop the flamer for regular meltagun and let your ML shoot blast template shots(can't remember which does what namewise) for your anti infantry, or keep the flamer for anti-infantry in that squad but change the ML to a Multimelta.

Now for your extra points, I'd probably just spring for a canoness. She is very cheap to include and gives your sisters units 2 more faith points to toss around. I would probably kit her out with a jump pack and an eviscerator and send her tank hunting. That's only 90 points for a fairly resistant, decently fast, and pretty hard hitting little woman. You could also throw on an inferno pistol for 15 more points. This of course would require you to shave some points but I think taking sisters in 10s wouldn't be much worse than 12s.

If you are really wanting to run sisters along side your marines definitely don't do it just because they're cheaper and let you get more bodies on the field. Do it because they offer things the SM codex does not. Utilize their faith points and heavy flamers.

Just my opinion of course. I've been toying with the idea of SM with allied sisters as well lately. Seems like it could be pretty fun. Good Luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
ya go with with the heavy flamers on the SOB squads,Multi-Melta on the dread.And spend the rest of the points on vulkan as an Hq choice.He will let your sisters reroll to wound with flame based or melta based weapons as the rest of your army will also.I would say drop the scouts and mech up the rest of your army Mobility is Key for small point games and in 5th edition.

Also with sisters faith points are beast there is one ability that every wound of a 6 counts as Ap-1 i'm unsure of its name though,but combine that with vulkans rerolls it makes a pretty deadly list.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya go with with the heavy flamers on the SOB squads,Multi-Melta on the dread.And spend the rest of the points on vulkan as an Hq choice.He will let your sisters reroll to wound with flame based or melta based weapons as the rest of your army will also.I would say drop the scouts and mech up the rest of your army Mobility is Key for small point games and in 5th edition.

Also with sisters faith points are beast there is one ability that every wound of a 6 counts as Ap-1 i'm unsure of its name though,but combine that with vulkans rerolls it makes a pretty deadly list.
BEAST.

Does Vulcan special rule work on combi-flamers? cause the vetran sisters can take them.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'd get rid of the flamers. That would leave you with about enough points to get yourself a couple transports. Not sure if the sisters can get them or not.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
pretty sure Sisters can not be allied to SM.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
pretty sure Sisters can not be allied to SM.
You definately can, the only confusion is that you can't include both Sisters and Marines as troops in a witch hunters army, however the same restriction doesn't apply when you have a space marines army.

Oh and to the above person Sisters squads can take Rhinos.

Anyways heres my revised 1000 pt list: It;s meant to counter my one friend who thinks using DPs and lash is a fun tactic in 1000 pt games between friends, that why combi crossbows. So my only troops within range will be the sisters and it fails against them 33% of the time because of SoF, plus with the Libbies hood its a no go really. The veteran sisters also are packing anti psyker crossbows, Assault 2, AP1, Wound on 2+ vs anyone with a psychic power. Add in nullzone each rd of shooting the DPs will take 3-4 wounds just from these:D. The wargear/sponsons can be swapped around quite a bit though this is just a general example.

1000 pts on the nose

Librarian
Tac Squad, Flamer, MM, Rhino
Scouts, Sniper, ML
SoB x 11, Veteran Sister Superior w/combi bolter, hvy Flamer, melta
SoB x 11, Veteran Sister Superior w/combi bolter, hvy Flamer, melta
Cannoness w/combi bolter
Dreadnought - Multi Melta
Predator - Auotcannon, las sponsons

·
Registered
105 Posts